Opened 11 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

#9768 closed defect (fixed)

Fix PolyBoRi's broken dynamic libraries

Reported by: AlexanderDreyer Owned by: AlexanderDreyer
Priority: major Milestone: sage-4.6
Component: packages: standard Keywords:
Cc: PolyBoRi, malb, wjp, mvngu Merged in:
Authors: Alexander Dreyer Reviewers: Martin Albrecht
Report Upstream: Fixed upstream, in a later stable release. Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by AlexanderDreyer)

In #8830 we worked around PolyBoRi's broken dynamic libraries by removing them after build, hence using the static ones instead. The problem was caused by improper handling of a global variable which was fixed for upcoming PolyBoRi 0.7.

The package at http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/dreyer/pb/polybori-0.6.4.p5.spkg backports this fix and reintroduces the dynamic libraries. The spkg is based on #9717 and assumes its sage-library patch to be applied. It installs, runs and passed testall on boxen.

Remark

There's an updated skpg, which adresses the issues of #9872: http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/dreyer/spkg/polybori-0.6.4.p6.spkg

Attachments (1)

polybori-0.6.4.p5.spkg.patch (12.2 KB) - added by AlexanderDreyer 11 years ago.
Diffs of the new package

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (9)

Changed 11 years ago by AlexanderDreyer

Diffs of the new package

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by AlexanderDreyer

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by AlexanderDreyer

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:3 follow-up: Changed 11 years ago by malb

The SPKG looks good, I'm running installation + doctests on a few platforms right now, so far that also looks good.

A somewhat related issue (feel free to ignore): It seems scons doesn't touch for example polybori.h if that didn't change. It would thus be nice to touch this file at the end of spkg-install to inform the Sage build system that it needs to rebuild the extensions. If you agree I can provide a patch.

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by malb

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

I built this SPKG and ran long doctests on bsd.math, sage.math and t2.math. They all worked fine, thus I'm giving this a positive review.

comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 3 Changed 11 years ago by AlexanderDreyer

A somewhat related issue (feel free to ignore): It seems scons doesn't touch for example polybori.h if that didn't change. It would thus be nice to touch this file at the end of spkg-install to inform the Sage build system that it needs to rebuild the extensions. If you agree I can provide a patch.

Feel free to provide such a patch (even tough it's a little bit against the philosopy that a build system should take care of the remaining dependencies automatically).

comment:6 Changed 11 years ago by AlexanderDreyer

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:7 Changed 11 years ago by mpatel

  • Authors changed from AlexanderDreyer to Alexander Dreyer
  • Component changed from algebra to packages
  • Reviewers set to Martin Albrecht

comment:8 Changed 11 years ago by mpatel

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed

I have not merged the p5 package. Instead, I've merged #9872's p6 package, which includes the changes made here.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.