Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#9572 closed defect (fixed)

SageNB 0.8.2

Reported by: mpatel Owned by: jason, was
Priority: blocker Milestone: sage-4.5.2
Component: notebook Keywords:
Cc: acleone, leif, timdumol Merged in: sage-4.5.2.alpha1
Authors: Mitesh Patel Reviewers: Carl Witty
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Change History (12)

comment:1 follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by ddrake

You might consider #8574 and #9512, which are both positively reviewed.

comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 9 years ago by ddrake

Replying to ddrake:

You might consider #8574 and #9512, which are both positively reviewed.

Er, I mean, #8754.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by mpatel

  • Authors set to Mitesh Patel
  • Cc acleone leif timdumol added
  • Description modified (diff)
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

All long doctests pass for me on sage.math with 4.5.2.alpha0 + sagenb-0.8.2.spkg. But given my current computer setup, I can't run the Selenium tests.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by cwitty

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work
  • Work issues set to #9580

Doctests and selenium tests passed for me, using Firefox (well, Iceweasel) 3.6.4. (Except for test_7434, which failed with both sagenb 0.8.1 and 0.8.2, presumably because I don't have Java set up on this machine.)

This will be a positive review once you fix #9580 :)

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by cwitty

Actually, I found a bug: the "source editor" feature (#9512) converts line endings from Unix to DOS (so once you've edited the file, mercurial thinks every line has changed).

Given the total non-discoverability of #9512, I'm not sure this bug is worth holding up the new spkg; I'll let somebody else decide that.

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by mpatel

  • Description modified (diff)
  • Reviewers set to Carl Witty
  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review
  • Work issues #9580 deleted

In order to have a new SageNB package ready for 4.5.2, I've decided to change #9512's status to needs_work and "unmerge" it from SageNB 0.8.2. I've included #3342, #9554, and #9580 in an updated SageNB 0.8.2, which is available at the link in the description.

Note: I haven't added a patch level (e.g., sagenb-0.8.2p0.spkg), but I have renamed the previous version to sagenb-0.8.2-9572.spkg.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by cwitty

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Doctests and selenium tests passed (except, again, for test_7434).

Positive review.

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by ddrake

  • Merged in set to sage-4.5.2.alpha1
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed

comment:10 follow-ups: Changed 9 years ago by mpatel

Belated note for the release manager: Please merge #3342's sage repository patch with SageNB 0.8.2.

(I should have followed our own advice!)

comment:11 in reply to: ↑ 10 Changed 9 years ago by mpatel

Replying to mpatel:

Belated note for the release manager: Please merge #3342's sage repository patch with SageNB 0.8.2.

But if it's too late for 4.5.2.alpha1, we could, I think, just include the patch in 4.5.2.rc0.

comment:12 in reply to: ↑ 10 Changed 9 years ago by ddrake

Replying to mpatel:

Belated note for the release manager: Please merge #3342's sage repository patch with SageNB 0.8.2.

(I should have followed our own advice!)

Yes, you should have. :) You're lucky though, I managed to sneak it into alpha1.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.