Changes between Initial Version and Version 1 of Ticket #9265, comment 21


Ignore:
Timestamp:
Aug 14, 2012, 1:18:27 PM (10 years ago)
Author:
Andrew Mathas
Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #9265, comment 21

    initial v1  
    11Hi Anne,
    22
    3 Sorry for the slow response. As you no doubt worked out I didn't push the updated patch onto the queue. I was avoiding doing this as I thought that moving the patch up in the queue, and rebasing to 5.3, would cause conflicts further down the queue.
     3Sorry for the slow response. As you no doubt worked out I didn't push the previous patch onto the queue. I was avoiding doing this as I thought that moving the patch up in the queue, and rebasing to 5.3, would cause conflicts further down the queue.
    44
    5 Any way, in adding in the changes that you suggested above I decided to push the new version onto the queue. I have made all of the changes that your requested. In changing the names of the classes to Tableaux_size etc I went a little further and changed self.n to self.size and changed the named arguments to the parent classes, although the old named arguments are still accepted.
     5Any way, after making in the changes that you suggested above I decided to push the new version onto the queue. I have made all of the changes that you requested. In changing the names of the classes to Tableaux_size etc I went a little further and changed self.n to self.size etc and changed the named arguments to the parent classes, although the old named arguments are still accepted.
    66
    7 Also, when I was fixing up the documentation error in __getitem__ that you found I remember that I wanted to rewrite __getitem__ so that it supports slices. It turned out that each of the semistandard tableaux parent classes had its own getitem, so I removed all of these and added a generic getitem to SemistandardTableaux class so that slices are now supported. To make sure that this worked I put all of the doctests from the old getitems into the new generic getitem and added a few more. To make things wok I also had to add an is_finite methods to these classes -- this probably should be implemented in the (In)FiniteEnumeratedSet category,  but it is not.
     7Also, when I was fixing up the documentation error in getitem that you found I remembered that I wanted to rewrite getitem so that it supports slices. It turned out that each of the semistandard tableaux parent classes had its own getitem, so I removed all of these and added a generic getitem to the SemistandardTableaux class which supports slices (the method came from my tableaux tuple classes). To make sure that this worked I put all of the doctests from the old getitems into the new generic getitem and then added a few more. To make the new getitem work I also had to add an is_finite method to these classes -- this probably should be implemented in the (In)FiniteEnumeratedSet category, but it is not and I couldn't see were to add this there....
    88
    99The new patch is both on trac and on the queue.
    1010
    1111Andrew
     12
     13--
     14
     15For the patchbot:
     16
     17Apply trac_9265_tableaux_categories_am.patch