Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

Last modified 12 years ago

#8753 closed defect (fixed)

get pynac to build with gcc-4.5.

Reported by: was Owned by: GeorgSWeber
Priority: blocker Milestone: sage-4.4.1
Component: build Keywords:
Cc: Merged in: sage-4.4.1.alpha0
Authors: William Stein Reviewers: Mike Hansen
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by was)

Right now:

function.cpp:1886:29: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
function.cpp: In member function ‘GiNaC::ex GiNaC::function::power(const GiNaC::ex&) const’:
function.cpp:2186:15: error: expected type-specifier
function.cpp:2186:15: error: expected ‘)’
function.cpp:2187:72: error: conversion from ‘int*’ to ‘GiNaC::ex’ is ambiguous
ex.h:297:1: note: candidates are: GiNaC::ex::ex(long unsigned int) <near match>
ex.h:291:1: note:                 GiNaC::ex::ex(long int) <near match>
ex.h:285:1: note:                 GiNaC::ex::ex(unsigned int) <near match>
ex.h:273:1: note:                 GiNaC::ex::ex(int) <near match>
mv -f .deps/color.Tpo .deps/color.Plo

There is a new spkg posted on trac #8644, but it doesn't fix this.

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by was

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by was

The fix is to replace the one instance (around line 2000) of


in src/ginac/functions.cpp with


This is evidently due to *better* checking of the proper namespace/scoping rules in GCC-4.5.0.

I made the above change, and Ginac builds fine. Moreover, I ran this code:

sage: 1/tan(x)


sage: derivative(1/tan(x)).integrate(x)

According to the print statements I inserted into functions.cpp, the code that called power::power before is activated and is working correctly (no weird infinite recursions or anything).

I'm hoping this can just be given a positive review by Burcin and the fix rolled into the spkg at #8644, with a link from #8644 to this ticket.

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by was

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by was

  • Priority changed from major to blocker

comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by mhansen

  • Authors set to William Stein
  • Reviewers set to Mike Hansen
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Looks good to me. There is a new spkg at

which incorporates this fix. I've posted this to #8644.

comment:6 Changed 12 years ago by was

  • Merged in set to 4.4.1.alpha0
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed

comment:7 Changed 12 years ago by mvngu

  • Merged in changed from 4.4.1.alpha0 to sage-4.4.1.alpha0
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.