Implement an interface to GAP3
|Reported by:||saliola||Owned by:||Franco Saliola|
|Component:||interfaces||Keywords:||gap3, chevie, specht, gap, sage-combinat|
|Cc:||sage-combinat, joyner, slabbe, jmichel@…||Merged in:||sage-4.4.4.alpha1|
|Authors:||Franco Saliola||Reviewers:||Burcin Erocal|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Work issues:|
Description (last modified by )
It would be great to have an interface to GAP3 so that one can use GAP3 packages that have not been ported to GAP4. Of particular interest are the packages (sage-devel occasionally receives questions about integrating these packages):
- CHEVIE: Finite reflection groups and their root systems, braid groups, Iwahori-Hecke algebras, and Kazhdan-Lusztig polynomials.
- Specht: Specht: Decomposition matrices for the Hecke algebras of type A.
For a list of other GAP3 packages, check out
To use the interface implemented in this ticket, you need to have GAP3 installed on your machine.
To this end, you can use Jean Michel's GAP3 distribution http://www.math.jussieu.fr/~jmichel/gap3/gap3-jm4.tar.gz (instructions: http://www.math.jussieu.fr/~jmichel/gap3), which includes a bunch of GAP3 packages (including Chevie, Specht, ...),
A simple alternative is to install the following Sage package based on a slightly outdated version of the above.
sage -i http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/nthiery/gap3-jm2.spkg
Change History (34)
comment:11 follow-ups: ↓ 12 ↓ 15 Changed 7 years ago by
- Reviewers set to Burcin Erocal
- Status changed from needs_review to needs_work
comment:15 in reply to: ↑ 11 ; follow-up: ↓ 16 Changed 7 years ago by
- Status changed from needs_work to needs_review
comment:23 Changed 7 years ago by
- Merged in set to sage-4.4.4.alpha1
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from positive_review to closed