Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#8266 closed enhancement (fixed)

Improve documentation for word objects

Reported by: slabbe Owned by: slabbe
Priority: major Milestone: sage-4.3.4
Component: documentation Keywords:
Cc: abmasse Merged in: sage-4.3.4.alpha1
Authors: Sébastien Labbé Reviewers: Alexandre Blondin Massé
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

Documentation of words and word objects contains only pickle tests and lacks good examples :

sage: words?
...
Docstring:
    
        A class consisting of constructors for several famous words.
        
        TESTS::
    
            sage: from sage.combinat.words.word_generators import WordGenerator
            sage: MyWordBank = WordGenerator()
            sage: type(loads(dumps(MyWordBank)))
            <class 'sage.combinat.words.word_generators.WordGenerator'>

sage: w = Word(range(5))
sage: w?
...
Docstring:
    
        TESTS::
    
            sage: w = Word([0,1,1,0])
            sage: w == loads(dumps(w))
            True

Attachments (3)

trac_8266_word_doc_object-sl.patch (10.7 KB) - added by slabbe 7 years ago.
Depends on #7619.
trac_8266_review-abm.patch (7.0 KB) - added by abmasse 7 years ago.
Doc fixes -- apply on top of Sébastien's patch
trac_8266-review2-sl.patch (784 bytes) - added by slabbe 7 years ago.
Applies over the two precedent patches.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

Changed 7 years ago by slabbe

Depends on #7619.

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by slabbe

  • Cc abmasse added
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by slabbe

#7619 now have a positive review... so this patch can now get reviewed

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by abmasse

Looked at the patch. Since it is a documentation-only patch, all tests passed. I made sure that the patch of ticket #7619 was applied first. I still made a few minor changes.

  1. I replaced "pyhon" by "Python" everywhere I found it.
  1. I added ":" after a NOTE block that was not appearing in the documentation.
  1. I replaced strange unicode characters by " at the end of Sébastien's patch.
  1. I replaced the latex output of "w." by a code-font "w."

If Sébastien agrees with my changes, I allow him to set the ticket to "positive review".

Changed 7 years ago by abmasse

Doc fixes -- apply on top of Sébastien's patch

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by slabbe

  • Authors set to Sébastien Labbé
  • Reviewers set to Alexandre Blondin Massé
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Thanks for the review Alex. I don't know where those strange characters came from... I added one patch to fix two of those characters (I really wanted `` not ").

Since I my patch fix only two characters in the doc and because I agree with your changes and because your gave a positive review to my first patch, I think I can change the status of this ticket to positive review.

Changed 7 years ago by slabbe

Applies over the two precedent patches.

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by mhansen

  • Merged in set to sage-4.3.4.alpha1
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.