(Combinatorial) Free modules: cleanup, abstraction into categories, and functorial constructions
|Reported by:||nthiery||Owned by:||nthiery|
|Component:||algebra||Keywords:||free modules, categories, tensor, direct sum|
|Authors:||Nicolas M. Thiéry||Reviewers:||Florent Hivert|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Work issues:|
Description (last modified by )
- Deprecates CombinatorialAlgebra?
- Abstracts some of the generic code into ModulesWithBasis?, Algebras, ...
- Implements the functorial constructions: tensor and cartesian product
- Stronger type checking, use UniqueRepresentation?
- Disabled dangerous conversions (see doc of _element_constructor), strict contains
- Naming cleanup: _term -> term, repr -> _repr_, _element_class -> element_class _combinatorial_class -> _basis_keys
- New methods: monomial, sum_of_terms, sum_of_monomials, term_or_zero_if_none, from_vector, _repr_term, _repr_option_bracket
- More interesting an_element, using heuristics
- Handle non sortable objects in repr
- Implements sage.categories.poor_man_map.PoorManMap? for maps between sets which are not modelled by parents.
- This is used to make term and sum_of_monomial into maps, with codomain and composition.
Depends on the category patches. See http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/wiki/CategoriesRoadMap.
Change History (10)
Changed 8 years ago by
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by
- Description modified (diff)
- Reviewers set to Florent Hivert
- Status changed from new to needs_review
comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by
- Merged in set to sage-4.3.alpha0
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.