Opened 4 months ago

Closed 3 months ago

#33475 closed defect (fixed)

deTeX document titles of sage documentation

Reported by: klee Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-9.6
Component: documentation Keywords:
Cc: Merged in:
Authors: Kwankyu Lee Reviewers: John Palmieri
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 7da2b5f (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: 7da2b5fc8ca217c6645a12b894e1bdb481361dda
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by klee)

We remove \(, \), \, $ from the documentation title.

Change History (17)

comment:1 Changed 4 months ago by klee

  • Branch set to u/klee/33475
  • Description modified (diff)

comment:2 Changed 4 months ago by git

  • Commit set to f3d3fda341910e08e4ac13eade556a750cced84f

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

f3d3fdadeTeX documentation title

comment:3 Changed 4 months ago by klee

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:4 follow-up: Changed 4 months ago by jhpalmieri

It's much better this way, thank you. It's not perfect but it probably will never be without actually parsing the LaTeX: a page like https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/arithgroup/index.html will still end up with a title {rm SL}_2{{bf Z}}. Actually it would be better if whoever originally wrote that had defined a macro \SL and also used the existing macro \ZZ.

In the big change in layout.html (when I view the branch here), is it a change in indentation or is there an actual difference in content?

comment:5 Changed 4 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from f3d3fda341910e08e4ac13eade556a750cced84f to 528ef65e849929d44eb66439483251da5e7f0ec2

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

528ef65Use new commands \SL and \PSL

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 4 Changed 4 months ago by klee

Replying to jhpalmieri:

It's much better this way, thank you. It's not perfect but it probably will never be without actually parsing the LaTeX.

Right.

a page like https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/arithgroup/index.html will still end up with a title {rm SL}_2{{bf Z}}. Actually it would be better if whoever originally wrote that had defined a macro \SL and also used the existing macro \ZZ.

While solving this, I ended up in adding new macros \SL and \PSL.

In the big change in layout.html (when I view the branch here), is it a change in indentation or is there an actual difference in content?

They are all just indentation changes to align them up.

comment:7 Changed 4 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from 528ef65e849929d44eb66439483251da5e7f0ec2 to 9187bf142e47b4dff49667eea5fc966c9b6bbee0

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

9187bf1Fix a glitch

comment:8 Changed 4 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from 9187bf142e47b4dff49667eea5fc966c9b6bbee0 to eff36ec770efb94ef24a836f953e40dad8ec854e

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

eff36ecFix another glitch

comment:9 Changed 4 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from eff36ec770efb94ef24a836f953e40dad8ec854e to fe4811c9f38bf2a8a8d0524eebe0ec72fc691df6

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

fe4811cFix doctest failures

comment:10 Changed 4 months ago by klee

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:11 Changed 4 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from fe4811c9f38bf2a8a8d0524eebe0ec72fc691df6 to 7285ad34ec33b9acbd3639fa0c8a0837146cbe7a

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

7285ad3Fix more doctest failures

comment:12 Changed 4 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from 7285ad34ec33b9acbd3639fa0c8a0837146cbe7a to 11ed990bf29384923f180b3f65c25de22671ffa5

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

11ed990Speed up macro parsing

comment:13 follow-up: Changed 4 months ago by jhpalmieri

As before, I think it looks great. Do you want to keep tinkering, fixing small issues, or should we merge it and move on? By "small issues," I mean that if I visit the local version of ​https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/arithgroup/index.html, then the title bar says "Arithmetic Subgroups of SL_2(ZZ) — Arithmetic Subgroups of $SL_2(ZZ)$", and similarly when I follow links from that page. I don't know where the dollar signs are coming from, and I don't know if it's worth tracking down. (That's the only type of issue I've seen so far.)

comment:14 Changed 4 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from 11ed990bf29384923f180b3f65c25de22671ffa5 to 7da2b5fc8ca217c6645a12b894e1bdb481361dda

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

7da2b5fFix an error in removing $

comment:15 in reply to: ↑ 13 Changed 4 months ago by klee

Replying to jhpalmieri:

As before, I think it looks great. Do you want to keep tinkering, fixing small issues, or should we merge it and move on? By "small issues," I mean that if I visit the local version of ​https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/arithgroup/index.html, then the title bar says "Arithmetic Subgroups of SL_2(ZZ) — Arithmetic Subgroups of $SL_2(ZZ)$", and similarly when I follow links from that page. I don't know where the dollar signs are coming from, and I don't know if it's worth tracking down. (That's the only type of issue I've seen so far.)

I don't know either. But those $ dollars should have been removed. The last commit would fix the error.

I have no more things to do. Thanks for reviewing.

comment:16 Changed 4 months ago by jhpalmieri

  • Reviewers set to John Palmieri
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Great, thank you for fixing this!

comment:17 Changed 3 months ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/klee/33475 to 7da2b5fc8ca217c6645a12b894e1bdb481361dda
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.