#30442 closed enhancement (fixed)

Implement general table art for tableau-like objects

Reported by: tscrim Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-9.2
Component: user interface Keywords: ascii unicode art
Cc: sage-combinat, chapoton, nthiery, andrew.mathas, bsalisbury1, slelievre, zerline Merged in:
Authors: Travis Scrimshaw Reviewers: Ben Salisbury, Frédéric Chapoton
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 7388b34 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: 7388b342ce5d6cae82f9ef2e70ea31d238cf453f
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description

Tableaux have nice unicode art, but skew tableaux do not. This makes the ascii_art_table method of Tableau into a general purpose method for printing tables.

Change History (11)

comment:1 Changed 13 months ago by tscrim

  • Branch set to public/combinat/more_unicode_art-30442
  • Cc bsalisbury1 added
  • Commit set to debbc417e416cfddce1f8b43a85758c9ca0b9394
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

Much prettier now IMO.


New commits:

debbc41Adding more robust ascii and unicode table art for tableau-like objects.

comment:2 Changed 13 months ago by slelievre

  • Cc slelievre zerline added

comment:3 Changed 13 months ago by bsalisbury1

  • Reviewers set to Ben Salisbury
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Looks good to me. All tests passed.

comment:4 Changed 13 months ago by vbraun

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_work

PDF docs don't build

comment:5 Changed 13 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from debbc417e416cfddce1f8b43a85758c9ca0b9394 to ef7c5eb0f9e285f2430145a8e2b0be984a583b1d

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

ef7c5ebFixing pdf docbuild with the usual unicode expansion.

comment:6 Changed 13 months ago by tscrim

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

This should fix it.

comment:7 follow-up: Changed 13 months ago by chapoton

patchbot also complains about missing first lines for the encoding declarations, but I am not sure at all if this is pertinent still

comment:8 Changed 13 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from ef7c5eb0f9e285f2430145a8e2b0be984a583b1d to 7388b342ce5d6cae82f9ef2e70ea31d238cf453f

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

7388b34Added "# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-" to top of files.

comment:9 in reply to: ↑ 7 Changed 13 months ago by tscrim

Replying to chapoton:

patchbot also complains about missing first lines for the encoding declarations, but I am not sure at all if this is pertinent still

IMO, it is safer just to add them. Done.

comment:10 Changed 13 months ago by chapoton

  • Reviewers changed from Ben Salisbury to Ben Salisbury, Frédéric Chapoton
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

ok, good improvement, let's get that in

comment:11 Changed 13 months ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from public/combinat/more_unicode_art-30442 to 7388b342ce5d6cae82f9ef2e70ea31d238cf453f
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.