#30342 closed enhancement (fixed)

update sagetex to version 3.5

Reported by: dimpase Owned by:
Priority: critical Milestone: sage-9.2
Component: packages: standard Keywords:
Cc: mkoeppe, kcrisman Merged in:
Authors: Dima Pasechnik Reviewers: David Coudert
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 5841a70 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: 5841a7027eae690f4893a1e4ca0736b0587dfcf1
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by dimpase)

tarball: see upstream_url in checksums

Change History (11)

comment:1 Changed 18 months ago by dimpase

  • Branch set to u/dimpase/packages/sagetex35
  • Commit set to 5841a7027eae690f4893a1e4ca0736b0587dfcf1
  • Description modified (diff)

New commits:

5841a70update to 3.5

comment:2 Changed 18 months ago by dimpase

  • Cc kcrisman added
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:3 Changed 18 months ago by mkoeppe

  • Reviewers set to github.com/mkoeppe/sage/actions/runs/206174675, ...

comment:4 Changed 18 months ago by dimpase

sagetex needs manual testing, there is little in terms of Sage doctests for it.

comment:5 follow-up: Changed 17 months ago by dcoudert

build ok on macOS 10.14.6. What should I do to test it ?

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 Changed 17 months ago by kcrisman

build ok on macOS 10.14.6. What should I do to test it ?

Trying to build the sample article in the package is a good place. See the upstream readme for instructions.

comment:7 follow-up: Changed 17 months ago by dcoudert

  • Reviewers changed from github.com/mkoeppe/sage/actions/runs/206174675, ... to David Coudert, github.com/mkoeppe/sage/actions/runs/206174675, ...

I followed the compile instructions and it when well. The dvi file sagetex.dvi is properly generated and displayed.

However, instead of file sagetex.sage, I have sagetex.sagetex.sage. So instead of running sage sagetex.sage, I used sage sagetex.sagetex.sage. I also have files sagetex.sagetex.sage.py, sagetex.sagetex.scmd, sagetex.sagetex.sout.

comment:8 in reply to: ↑ 7 Changed 17 months ago by dimpase

Replying to dcoudert:

I followed the compile instructions and it when well. The dvi file sagetex.dvi is properly generated and displayed.

However, instead of file sagetex.sage, I have sagetex.sagetex.sage. So instead of running sage sagetex.sage, I used sage sagetex.sagetex.sage. I also have files sagetex.sagetex.sage.py, sagetex.sagetex.scmd, sagetex.sagetex.sout.

this is normal, e.g. for the example.tex one gets

example.aux              example.out              example.sagetex.sage     example.sagetex.scmd     example.tex              
example.log              example.pdf              example.sagetex.sage.py  example.sagetex.sout 

and this used to be the case for several previous versions. The file extension of these temporary files is always .sagetex.*.

comment:9 Changed 17 months ago by dcoudert

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

So then, LGTM.

comment:10 Changed 17 months ago by mkoeppe

  • Reviewers changed from David Coudert, github.com/mkoeppe/sage/actions/runs/206174675, ... to David Coudert

comment:11 Changed 17 months ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/dimpase/packages/sagetex35 to 5841a7027eae690f4893a1e4ca0736b0587dfcf1
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.