#29680 closed enhancement (fixed)

Fix checksums: print both package name and tarball name

Reported by: jhpalmieri Owned by:
Priority: trivial Milestone: sage-9.2
Component: build Keywords:
Cc: Merged in:
Authors: John Palmieri Reviewers: Frédéric Chapoton
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 8dd8523 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: 8dd8523a19f41c9711a5ad9201dfa57e0f256e02
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description

Currently:

% ./sage --package fix-checksum sage_brial
Checksum of brial-1.2.5.tar.bz2 unchanged

or

% ./sage --package fix-checksum sage_brial
Updating checksum of brial-1.2.8.tar.bz2

This ticket proposes changing the message to

Checksum of sage_brial (tarball brial-1.2.5.tar.bz2) unchanged

or

Updating checksum of sage_brial (tarball brial-1.2.8.tar.bz2)

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 19 months ago by jhpalmieri

  • Branch set to u/jhpalmieri/checksum-msg

comment:2 Changed 19 months ago by jhpalmieri

  • Commit set to 755123270751a4a7fd12ec3b0b07605f8fed2b67
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

7551232trac 29680: change message printed by "sage --package fix-checksum"

comment:3 Changed 19 months ago by chapoton

The string "Updating checksum" also appears in build/sage_bootstrap/cmdline.py

And "Checksum of .* unchanged" also in build/test/test_package_cmdline.py

found using git grep

comment:4 Changed 19 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from 755123270751a4a7fd12ec3b0b07605f8fed2b67 to 8dd8523a19f41c9711a5ad9201dfa57e0f256e02

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

273b816trac 29680: change message printed by "sage --package fix-checksum"
8dd8523trac 29680: documentation and testing fixes

comment:5 Changed 19 months ago by jhpalmieri

Thanks for the pointer, I've now changed those, too.

comment:6 Changed 18 months ago by chapoton

  • Reviewers set to Frédéric Chapoton
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

ok, looks good enough

comment:7 Changed 18 months ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/jhpalmieri/checksum-msg to 8dd8523a19f41c9711a5ad9201dfa57e0f256e02
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.