#29455 closed defect (fixed)

Bug in incidence_matrix of CombinatorialPolyhedron

Reported by: gh-LaisRast Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-9.1
Component: geometry Keywords: polytope, combinatorialpolyhedron, incidence_matrix
Cc: jipilab, gh-kliem Merged in:
Authors: Jonathan Kliem Reviewers: Laith Rastanawi
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 34f3254 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: 34f32546d1a1d477b55d22b423a9aa2ade50a0e8
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by gh-kliem)

The incidence_matrix method of a 0-dimensional CombinatorialPolyhedron returns an error:

sage: P = Polyhedron([[0]]); P
A 0-dimensional polyhedron in ZZ^1 defined as the convex hull of 1 vertex
sage: C = P.combinatorial_polyhedron()
sage: C.incidence_matrix()
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ValueError                                Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-7-dab311ba238f> in <module>()
----> 1 C.incidence_matrix()
...
ValueError: ``output_dimension`` must be the dimension of proper faces

We fix this and make the 0-dimensional case consistent with Polyhedron_base.

Also we make incidence_matrix a chached_method.

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 13 months ago by gh-kliem

  • Authors set to Jonathan Kliem
  • Branch set to public/29455
  • Commit set to 4aa8b28c0b64b5ad51f9f3a16bae3bf47f7a7b1e
  • Description modified (diff)
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

4aa8b28fix incidence matrix for small combinatorial polyhedra

comment:2 Changed 13 months ago by gh-LaisRast

  • Reviewers set to Laith Rastanawi
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

This fixes the problem.

comment:3 Changed 13 months ago by gh-kliem

Thanks

comment:4 Changed 12 months ago by vbraun

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_work

See patchbots:

sage -t --long src/sage/geometry/polyhedron/combinatorial_polyhedron/base.pyx  # 2 doctests failed

comment:5 Changed 12 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from 4aa8b28c0b64b5ad51f9f3a16bae3bf47f7a7b1e to 34f32546d1a1d477b55d22b423a9aa2ade50a0e8

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

34f3254typos in doctests

comment:6 Changed 12 months ago by gh-kliem

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

I'm sorry. I really don't know how that could have happened. It didn't even work for me.

comment:7 Changed 12 months ago by gh-LaisRast

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Sorry, it is my mistake since I put it on "positive review". Now the tests look fine. So I will but it again on "positive review".

comment:8 Changed 12 months ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from public/29455 to 34f32546d1a1d477b55d22b423a9aa2ade50a0e8
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.