#29078 closed enhancement (fixed)

Move `is_simple` and `is_simplicial` to `CombinatorialPolyhedron`

Reported by: gh-kliem Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-9.1
Component: geometry Keywords: polytopes. simple, simplicial, combinatorial polyhedron
Cc: jipilab, gh-LaisRast Merged in:
Authors: Jonathan Kliem Reviewers: Léo Brunswic
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: e87aae3 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: e87aae332f5e83bb3a034e5cc7195ec105b79869
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by gh-kliem)

We move the methods is_simple and is_simplicial to CombinatorialPolyhedron.

This is slighly slower as CombinatorialPolyhedron needs to be initialized, but most of the labor (calculating the incidence matrix) needs to be done either way.

Once CombinatorialPolyhedron is initialized this is faster.

Change History (12)

comment:1 Changed 19 months ago by gh-kliem

  • Branch set to public/29078
  • Commit set to e854ee278ba4e80fe335008302d9cfea46c905c3
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

e854ee2migrate is_simple and is_simplicial to combinatorial polyhedron

comment:2 Changed 19 months ago by chapoton

  • twice a typo
    A polytopes is
    
  • the unbounded cases should be doctested

comment:3 Changed 19 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from e854ee278ba4e80fe335008302d9cfea46c905c3 to 76347299b0e79aedc4ee4a66cfa8230f8c870f56

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

e87aae3doctests for unbounded polyhedra; typos
7634729expose method `is_bounded`

comment:4 Changed 19 months ago by gh-kliem

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:5 Changed 19 months ago by gh-kliem

  • Summary changed from Move `is_simple` and `is_simplicial` to `CombinatorialPolyhedron to Move `is_simple` and `is_simplicial` to `CombinatorialPolyhedron`

comment:6 Changed 19 months ago by gh-kliem

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:7 Changed 18 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from 76347299b0e79aedc4ee4a66cfa8230f8c870f56 to e87aae332f5e83bb3a034e5cc7195ec105b79869

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

comment:8 Changed 18 months ago by gh-kliem

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:9 Changed 18 months ago by gh-kliem

I have removed exposing is_bounded. I think this is better suited for a separate ticket.

comment:10 Changed 18 months ago by gh-LBrunswic

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:11 Changed 18 months ago by gh-LBrunswic

  • Reviewers set to Léo Brunswic

comment:12 Changed 18 months ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from public/29078 to e87aae332f5e83bb3a034e5cc7195ec105b79869
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.