#28650 closed defect (fixed)

Fix the dimension of PolyhedronFace

Reported by: gh-LaisRast Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-9.0
Component: geometry Keywords: polytopes, polyhedronface, dimension
Cc: jipilab, gh-kliem Merged in:
Authors: Laith Rastanawi Reviewers: Jonathan Kliem
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 67d3ce0 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: 67d3ce0599d506642495445e50d28c521dedfdd7
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description

In this ticket, I am going to fix the implementation of the method dim of PolyhedronFace. This problem occurs when we have a vertex and a ray (or a line) with the same vector. See the following example.

sage: P = Polyhedron(vertices=[[1,0]], rays=[[1,0],[0,1]]); P
A 2-dimensional polyhedron in QQ^2 defined as the convex hull of 1 vertex and 2 rays
sage: P.faces(P.dim())[0]
A 1-dimensional face of a Polyhedron in QQ^2 defined as the convex hull of 1 vertex and 2 rays

Change History (9)

comment:1 Changed 22 months ago by gh-LaisRast

  • Authors set to Laith Rastanawi
  • Branch set to public/28650
  • Cc jipilab gh-kliem added
  • Commit set to 4e5912de52c7d808d5d3a7b936db9829aacf5be4
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

4e5912dfix PolyhedronFace.dim()

comment:2 Changed 22 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from 4e5912de52c7d808d5d3a7b936db9829aacf5be4 to ae4038155aaaddd03eca9f01e74f663d1744df21

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

ae40381code within 79 columns

comment:3 Changed 22 months ago by gh-kliem

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

Missing a doctest, which shows that the bug is fixed.

comment:4 Changed 21 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from ae4038155aaaddd03eca9f01e74f663d1744df21 to 632a2d90fa727542b4729748f44b8a1d507ae315

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

632a2d9add a test in the docstring

comment:5 Changed 21 months ago by gh-LaisRast

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

comment:6 Changed 21 months ago by git

  • Commit changed from 632a2d90fa727542b4729748f44b8a1d507ae315 to 67d3ce0599d506642495445e50d28c521dedfdd7

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

67d3ce0fix doctest syntax

comment:7 Changed 21 months ago by gh-kliem

  • Reviewers set to Jonathan Kliem

Looks good to me.

Now only waiting for that one bot, but I don't except anything to happen.

comment:8 Changed 21 months ago by gh-kliem

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:9 Changed 21 months ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from public/28650 to 67d3ce0599d506642495445e50d28c521dedfdd7
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.