Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#26657 closed defect (fixed)

Adapt unitary burau matrix to Sage convention

Reported by: soehms Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-8.5
Component: group theory Keywords: braid, burau, unitary
Cc: tscrim Merged in:
Authors: Sebastian Oehms Reviewers: Travis Scrimshaw
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: a05e3e4 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: a05e3e48f56bedf5d19d4ecca8ccf698b7907629
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description

The unitary Burau matrix has been implemented in #25760. The choice between the two adjoined possibilities has been made according to the used literature ([Squ1984]_).

Unfortunately, this is opposite to the convention used in Sage for example in :meth:_check_matrix of :class:UnitaryMatrixGroup_generic.

This discrepancy is corrected by the ticket. A deprecation of the former behavior doesn't seem to be necessary, since the new functionality has been released just a couple of months ago.

Change History (10)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by soehms

  • Branch set to u/soehms/adapt_unitary_burau-26657

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by soehms

  • Commit set to be4674b23482a84ff45fbf6f6f6cfede8eab0a9f
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

be4674binitial implementation

comment:3 follow-up: Changed 3 years ago by tscrim

  • Reviewers set to Travis Scrimshaw
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Sorry, I lost track of this ticket. LGTM.

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by tscrim

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_work

One little fix needed: :trac:`25760 -> :trac:`25760`. Once done, you can set to a positive review.

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by soehms

  • Branch changed from u/soehms/adapt_unitary_burau-26657 to u/soehms/adapt_unitary_burau_26657
  • Commit be4674b23482a84ff45fbf6f6f6cfede8eab0a9f deleted

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit set to b36eca19909077b44fd94fd595ef0c5c1d4e3c53

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from b36eca19909077b44fd94fd595ef0c5c1d4e3c53 to a05e3e48f56bedf5d19d4ecca8ccf698b7907629

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

a05e3e4correct typset error in new branch to avoid merge error

comment:8 in reply to: ↑ 3 Changed 3 years ago by soehms

Replying to tscrim:

Sorry, I lost track of this ticket. LGTM.

No Problem!

Thank you, Travis! I will be waiting for the patchbot to see if I got rid of that merge error.

Last edited 3 years ago by soehms (previous) (diff)

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by tscrim

  • Status changed from needs_work to positive_review

comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/soehms/adapt_unitary_burau_26657 to a05e3e48f56bedf5d19d4ecca8ccf698b7907629
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.