Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

#25355 closed enhancement (fixed)

Upgrade maxima to 5.41.0

Reported by: gh-timokau Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-8.3
Component: packages: standard Keywords: upgrade
Cc: fbissey, embray Merged in:
Authors: Timo Kaufmann Reviewers: Jeroen Demeyer
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 16c2409 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by gh-timokau)

This upgrades maxima to 5.41.0, available at

https://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/maxima/Maxima-source/5.41.0-source/maxima-5.41.0.tar.gz

The doctest changes are just different ways to write the same results, no semantics changed.

Change History (16)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from b2b689b23526d38bdd047c7381bd65df228d0fa6 to 7df6d82917b35d74161c47614f5275b338427572

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

7df6d82Upgrade maxima to 5.41.0

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by gh-timokau

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by fbissey

  • Cc fbissey added

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by gh-timokau

  • Type changed from task to enhancement

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

If you want to run a test but ignore its output, use # random instead of # not tested.

For example, we do want to test that maxima.version() works (i.e. it does not raise an exception).

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 7df6d82917b35d74161c47614f5275b338427572 to 16c2409e1e2ab9833d6e6b353417a930e86808e5

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

16c2409Upgrade maxima to 5.41.0

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by gh-timokau

  • Description modified (diff)
  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

Good point, changed.


New commits:

16c2409Upgrade maxima to 5.41.0

comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Reviewers set to Jeroen Demeyer
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Why did you change back the download link? A direct link is easiest for the release manager.

comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by gh-timokau

  • Description modified (diff)

That was by mistake, I must've hit the reverse button or something.

comment:12 Changed 3 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/gh-timokau/maxima-5.41.0 to 16c2409e1e2ab9833d6e6b353417a930e86808e5
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed

comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by chapoton

  • Cc embray added
  • Commit 16c2409e1e2ab9833d6e6b353417a930e86808e5 deleted

This update may have broken sage-python3, which does no longer start anymore...

    575         self._prompt_wait = ([self._prompt.encode('ascii')] +
--> 576                              [re.compile(x) for x in self._ask] +
        global re.compile = <function compile at 0x7f7eb678c8c8>
        global x = undefined
        self._ask = [b'zero or nonzero\\?', b'an integer\\?', b'positive, negat\
ive or zero\\?', b'positive or negative\\?', b'positive or zero\\?', b'equal to\
 .*\\?']
    577                              [b'Break [0-9]+'])  # note that you might \
need to change _expect_expr if you
    578                                                  # change this
    579         self._error_re = re.compile('(Principal Value|debugmode|incorre\
ct syntax|Maxima encountered a Lisp error)')
    580         self._display2d = False
    581
    582     def set_seed(self, seed=None):
    583         """
    584         http://maxima.sourceforge.net/docs/manual/maxima_10.html
    585         make_random_state (n) returns a new random state object created\
 from an
    586         integer seed value equal to n modulo 2^32. n may be negative.
    587
    588         EXAMPLES::
    589
    590             sage: m = Maxima()
...
AttributeError: 'bytes' object has no attribute 'encode'

comment:14 Changed 3 years ago by embray

Hmm, I don't think this is what did it. Probably more likely one of my patches--probably one of the older ones that only recently got merged, and actually didn't work with some more recent patches.

comment:15 Changed 3 years ago by chapoton

Yes, you are right. This should be fixed by #24269, which needs some care.

comment:16 Changed 3 years ago by embray

Ah, #24269 is one of the tickets I was thinking might have caused the breakage. I thought it was already merged recently.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.