Opened 4 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#25198 closed enhancement (worksforme)

Improve handling of GCC_DEP variable in Makefile

Reported by: embray Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone: sage-8.5
Component: build Keywords:
Cc: vbraun Merged in:
Authors: Erik Bray Reviewers: Dima Pasechnik
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: #25188 Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description

This is a followup to #25188 that I thought was worth doing while fixing that issue. However, since it's not strictly needed for the fix I'll make it a separate ticket.

Change History (12)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by embray

  • Dependencies set to #25188

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by embray

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 14b6f4d6ac24d76c5e14b7ceb2901a00332496f4 to b33c21049f5e321383693f4eeb46f68f9e6194b2

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. Last 10 new commits:

2965003add vim modeline for this file
f5f68daAdd a package that by all rights should be included in this list
15c7b88move this list into a TOOLCHAIN_DEPS variable we can use to inspect this list elsewhere
1954e5eAdd -k/--keep-existing to sage-spkg
f1411c5From <spkg>-clean targets in the Makefile, just remove the package's
9976091Use sage-spkg --keep-existing when installing/re-installing packages in
22a1f34Revert to using sage-spkg-uninstall in <spkg>-clean targets, but add a
d71c88fMerge branch 'u/embray/ticket-25857' into u/embray/build/ticket-25188
f062068fix accidentally removed blank line needed to make debugging output look better
b33c210Reduce some unnecessary text duplication in the Makefile.

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by embray

  • Milestone changed from sage-8.3 to sage-8.4

I believe this issue can reasonably be addressed for Sage 8.4.

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by dimpase

  • Reviewers set to Dima Pasechnik
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Toolchain packages are unconditionally built - it's also not addressed on #24919. Anyhow this ought to be dealt with a follow-up to #24919.

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by dimpase

  • Milestone changed from sage-8.4 to sage-8.5

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by fbissey

Needs rebasing.

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by dimpase

  • Branch changed from u/embray/build/ticket-25188-2 to public/build/ticket-25188-2
  • Commit changed from b33c21049f5e321383693f4eeb46f68f9e6194b2 to 7647e1f7a369c2d0ef3d52d452046230fbb28fcc

(automatically) rebased.

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by fbissey

  • Cc vbraun added

I was lead here because Volker selected this ticket for inclusion in his merging branch and when I looked on github to see the content of the commit, it came empty. https://github.com/vbraun/sage/commit/0c158cae89a87820ee5e4bb5b7a8f9a911210aaa

Then clicking here resulted in a failure to merge. So Volker will need to re-merge this one now.

Ping @vbraun the content of this ticket is currently missing in the merge.

comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by embray

  • Branch public/build/ticket-25188-2 deleted
  • Commit 7647e1f7a369c2d0ef3d52d452046230fbb28fcc deleted

(Edited, because I was mistaken slightly about the relation of this ticket to #24919.)

This doesn't seem right. This branch just looks identical to the one on #25857 now. However, this branch should not actually be merged anyways.

These changes are already included implicitly in #24919 which is positively reviewed and should be merged.

The reason this is confusing is that I worked on this ticket at the same time as #24919, but #24919 redid a lot of configure stuff so it included those changes by necessity.

If we just merge #24919, this ticket can be closed as fixed.

Last edited 3 years ago by embray (previous) (diff)

comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by embray

I take it back. Apparently I'm wrong. #24919 does not incorporate all elements of this ticket. Apparently at some point I decoupled them somewhat.

I'll create a new branch...

Last edited 3 years ago by embray (previous) (diff)

comment:12 Changed 3 years ago by embray

  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed

Okay, apparently I ended up rolling this back into #25188, hence the empty merge.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.