Opened 3 years ago

Closed 2 years ago

#25035 closed enhancement (fixed)

Use sage-dist-helpers + add DESTDIR support for flint and arb

Reported by: embray Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-8.7
Component: build Keywords: destdir flint arb
Cc: Merged in:
Authors: Erik Bray Reviewers: Frédéric Chapoton
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: a9971d7 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: a9971d7a283398ee107793f3ddd6796262f2d54f
Dependencies: #23733 Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description

This is implementing #24024 for the flint and arb packages which use basically the same "build system".

This shouldn't change much anything in the end result of installing these packages, but I bumped the version numbers just to ensure testing on the buildbots.

Change History (19)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by embray

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by embray

Two of the failing patchbots seem to be...really broken, and in different ways. I don't think it has anything directly to do with this ticket...

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from f63449aa0329614b811de045f0d769c88b21f8bd to eecf581b827a7decd0eb0ddd345aef8dd1c9d54e

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

b4ecda9trac 23733: deprecate SAGE64 and CFLAG64
905e4d4Stop supporting SAGE64 except in Numpy
eecf581Merge branch 'u/jdemeyer/no-sage64' into u/embray/build/destdir-arb-flint

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by embray

  • Dependencies set to #23733

New commits:

b4ecda9trac 23733: deprecate SAGE64 and CFLAG64
905e4d4Stop supporting SAGE64 except in Numpy
eecf581Merge branch 'u/jdemeyer/no-sage64' into u/embray/build/destdir-arb-flint

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by embray

  • Milestone changed from sage-8.2 to sage-8.3

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by saraedum

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work
  • Work issues set to merge conflicts

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from eecf581b827a7decd0eb0ddd345aef8dd1c9d54e to 067ebacc262a4712e85b2aeae85dc85ce0e231db

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

7337291Convert the arb and flint packages to use sage-dist-helpers where possible
067ebacbump package versions just to ensure this is tested on the buildbots

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by embray

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review
  • Work issues merge conflicts deleted

Seems fine now.

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by embray

  • Milestone changed from sage-8.3 to sage-8.4

I believe this issue can reasonably be addressed for Sage 8.4.

comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by embray

  • Milestone changed from sage-8.4 to sage-8.5

comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by embray

  • Milestone changed from sage-8.5 to sage-8.7

Retargeting some of my tickets (somewhat optimistically for now).

comment:12 Changed 2 years ago by chapoton

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

red branch

comment:13 Changed 2 years ago by embray

Cool. I don't know why this one keeps getting delayed. It's pretty straightforward. Frédéric, now that you have some experience with this on plantri perhaps you can look at it after I rebase again. It's really straightforward.

comment:14 Changed 2 years ago by chapoton

red branch, still

comment:15 Changed 2 years ago by embray

Hence "after I rebase again", which is to say "when it is done" and not "I have done it".

comment:16 Changed 2 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 067ebacc262a4712e85b2aeae85dc85ce0e231db to a9971d7a283398ee107793f3ddd6796262f2d54f

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

a04d50aConvert the arb and flint packages to use sage-dist-helpers where possible
a9971d7bump package versions just to ensure this is tested on the buildbots

comment:17 Changed 2 years ago by chapoton

  • Reviewers set to Frédéric Chapoton
  • Status changed from needs_work to positive_review

comment:18 Changed 2 years ago by embray

Thanks! I'm still re-testing this but I don't anticipate any problems.

comment:19 Changed 2 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/embray/build/destdir-arb-flint to a9971d7a283398ee107793f3ddd6796262f2d54f
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.