Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#24947 closed defect (fixed)

meataxe doctest failure on 8.2.beta8

Reported by: vdelecroix Owned by:
Priority: blocker Milestone: sage-8.2
Component: linear algebra Keywords:
Cc: jdemeyer, SimonKing Merged in:
Authors: Jeroen Demeyer Reviewers: Simon King
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 447b4e5 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: 447b4e567170715e234a13d5d4695c21292e034e
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description

Mainly because the constructor of matrices changed

      File "sage/matrix/matrix_gfpn_dense.pyx", line 304, in sage.matrix.matrix_gfpn_dense.Matrix_gfpn_dense.__init__ (build/cythonized/sage/matrix/matrix_gfpn_dense.c:4524)
        def __init__(self, parent, entries=None, *, bint copy=False, bint coerce=False, bint mutable=True):
    TypeError: __init__() takes at most 2 positional arguments (4 given)

See quasar short log

Change History (13)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

  • Summary changed from meataxe failing on 8.2.beta8 to meataxe doctest failure on 8.2.beta8

comment:2 follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by SimonKing

I guess that's the change in matrix initialisation introduced by Jeroen. But hasn't that been tested with optional matrix backends?

comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 2 ; follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

Replying to SimonKing:

I guess that's the change in matrix initialisation introduced by Jeroen. But hasn't that been tested with optional matrix backends?

I just did :-) One problem is that on the previous beta, there was a constant failure on patchbots (#24918). Hence the patchbot quasar (running with all optional packages) was off. Until everybody agrees that each beta must pass with all optional packages you will have to wait (see how much do we support optional packages and #23832).

Last edited 4 years ago by vdelecroix (previous) (diff)

comment:4 follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

Sorry for that...

This is actually fixed in #24742. Should I create a separate fix for just this issue or does anybody plan to review #24742?

comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

Replying to jdemeyer:

Sorry for that...

This is actually fixed in #24742. Should I create a separate fix for just this issue or does anybody plan to review #24742?

Better to have a fix in an independent ticket (this one). #24742 is likely to take more time.

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Authors set to Jeroen Demeyer
  • Component changed from packages: optional to linear algebra

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Branch set to u/jdemeyer/meataxe_doctest_failure_on_8_2_beta8

comment:8 in reply to: ↑ 3 Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

  • Commit set to 447b4e567170715e234a13d5d4695c21292e034e

Replying to vdelecroix:

Replying to SimonKing:

I guess that's the change in matrix initialisation introduced by Jeroen. But hasn't that been tested with optional matrix backends?

I just did :-) One problem is that on the previous beta, there was a constant failure on patchbots (#24918). Hence the patchbot quasar (running with all optional packages) was off. Until everybody agrees that each beta must pass with all optional packages you will have to wait (see how much do we support optional packages and #23832).

Actually #24918 is not merged in the new beta so that the patchbots are still useless.


New commits:

447b4e5Properly fix signature of Matrix_gfpn_dense.__init__

comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

Interestingly, this failure is caused by the combination of two merged tickets, each of which individually passed the testsuite. This is just to say that even a perfect patchbot cannot catch everything.

comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

ping

comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by SimonKing

  • Reviewers set to Simon King
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

If I understand correctly, you added your commit on 11th of March, but the patchbot gets errors on 12th of March.

However, both tests failures that I see are in test(interacts.statistics.coin), which apparently is unrelated with this ticket. And the commit looks good to me.

comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/jdemeyer/meataxe_doctest_failure_on_8_2_beta8 to 447b4e567170715e234a13d5d4695c21292e034e
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.