Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#23661 closed enhancement (fixed)

Mass change of docstring: from "-" to "--"

Reported by: jmantysalo Owned by:
Priority: trivial Milestone: sage-8.1
Component: documentation Keywords:
Cc: tscrim, chapoton Merged in:
Authors: Jori Mäntysalo Reviewers: Frédéric Chapoton
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 2bbfbe2 (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: 2bbfbe2919a1ed85da482566ac118fc2e811ee1a
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by jmantysalo)

Trivial bikeshedding with

find src/sage -name '*.py' -or -name '*.pyx' -or -name '*.pxi' | xargs perl -e 's|^( +- ([a-z]+) -) |\1- |g' -p -i.bak

and then one manual correction.

Change History (10)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by jmantysalo

  • Branch set to u/jmantysalo/mass_change_of_docstring__from_____to_____

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit set to af4f4898c1d770018ca7d4d306b7c18d851ba340

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

af4f489One error corrected.

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by jmantysalo

  • Authors set to Jori Mäntysalo
  • Cc tscrim chapoton added
  • Description modified (diff)
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

6451921Documentation polishing: - to --.
af4f489One error corrected.

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from af4f4898c1d770018ca7d4d306b7c18d851ba340 to 6cd99718a80a38ca8baad2f131ba3f506ed7e179

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 6cd99718a80a38ca8baad2f131ba3f506ed7e179 to 2bbfbe2919a1ed85da482566ac118fc2e811ee1a

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

2bbfbe2Bikeshedding.

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by jmantysalo

Re-done for new beta. There is still much to do manually.

comment:7 follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

In several cases, you are not applying this change to the whole INPUT block but only for one of several inputs.

Besides that, I'm in general hesitant with "mass change" tickets although this one doesn't actually affect a lot of files.

comment:8 in reply to: ↑ 7 Changed 4 years ago by jmantysalo

Replying to jdemeyer:

In several cases, you are not applying this change to the whole INPUT block but only for one of several inputs.

I know. That's why I said that there is much to do manually.

Besides that, I'm in general hesitant with "mass change" tickets although this one doesn't actually affect a lot of files.

This would be a tiny step to more unified documentation. But whatever, we can also close this as wontfix.

comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by chapoton

  • Reviewers set to Frédéric Chapoton
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

ok

you may want to make a follow-up ticket for cases

- bla_bla - blablabla

with an underscore in variable name

comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/jmantysalo/mass_change_of_docstring__from_____to_____ to 2bbfbe2919a1ed85da482566ac118fc2e811ee1a
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.