Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#21820 closed enhancement (fixed)

Split src/sage/libs/pari

Reported by: jdemeyer Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-7.5
Component: misc Keywords:
Cc: defeo Merged in:
Authors: Jeroen Demeyer Reviewers: Luca De Feo
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 27812d0 (Commits) Commit: 27812d05c14501b7bdb501d271f4625704a028b7
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description (last modified by jdemeyer)

Split the directory src/sage/libs/pari in two:

  • src/sage/libs/cypari2 contains what will be the cypari2 package.
  • src/sage/libs/pari contains what will remain in Sage.

This will help further development and will make the final separation of cypari2 as a package very easy.

Change History (21)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Dependencies set to #21703

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Branch set to u/jdemeyer/split_src_sage_libs_pari

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Commit set to c9bc3599d4b11a1774fd6bda5935354007868869
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

313b785Interface PARI precision in bits
f80485fRemove obsolete comment about stack increasing
b70ec86Add reference to precision guide in PariInstance.__init__
b4bc24fMerge tag '7.5.beta1' into t/21703/ticket/21703
3db3275Only use precisions which are in [33,64] mod 64
a7099aeImprove documentation
c9bc359Split src/sage/libs/pari

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from c9bc3599d4b11a1774fd6bda5935354007868869 to a40a4e8f07f77147883e4a1ba40f6d5dfb6ce306

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

a40a4e8Merge tag '7.5.beta2' into t/21820/split_src_sage_libs_pari

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Dependencies #21703 deleted

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by defeo

Compilation fails complaining about missing sage/libs/pari/paridecl.pxd during the auto-generation step. Is this expected?

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

That was a bad merge with #21821.

comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from a40a4e8f07f77147883e4a1ba40f6d5dfb6ce306 to 0e983795ff95d8eaffddfaa4c3a585d051df44bb

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

0e98379Fix sage_src_pari()

comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

comment:12 follow-up: Changed 3 years ago by defeo

Starting from a non-clean repo, this leaves behind src/sage/libs/pari/auto_gen.pxi and src/sage/libs/pari/auto_instance.pxi (easily spotted by git status). Removing them by hand causes a doctest failure.

Is this the expected behaviour?

comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

comment:14 in reply to: ↑ 12 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

Replying to defeo:

Removing them by hand causes a doctest failure.

Details please...

comment:15 Changed 3 years ago by defeo

$ sage -t src/sage_setup/clean.py
too many failed tests, not using stored timings
Running doctests with ID 2016-11-11-16-46-20-c1cba75e.
Git branch: t/21820/split_src_sage_libs_pari
Using --optional=atlas,mpir,python2,sage
Doctesting 1 file.
sage -t src/sage_setup/clean.py
**********************************************************************
File "src/sage_setup/clean.py", line 87, in sage_setup.clean._find_stale_files
Failed example:
    for f in stale_iter:
        if f.endswith(skip_extensions): continue
        print('Found stale file: ' + f)
Expected nothing
Got:
    Found stale file: sage/libs/pari/auto_gen.pxi
    Found stale file: sage/libs/pari/auto_instance.pxi
**********************************************************************
1 item had failures:
   1 of  10 in sage_setup.clean._find_stale_files
    [15 tests, 1 failure, 0.13 s]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
sage -t src/sage_setup/clean.py  # 1 doctest failed
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Total time for all tests: 0.6 seconds
    cpu time: 0.1 seconds
    cumulative wall time: 0.1 seconds

comment:16 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 0e983795ff95d8eaffddfaa4c3a585d051df44bb to 27812d05c14501b7bdb501d271f4625704a028b7

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

27812d0Remove old auto-generated files

comment:17 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

comment:18 Changed 3 years ago by defeo

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

I don't understand why the fix works, but it does. Good to go.

comment:19 Changed 3 years ago by vbraun

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_work

Reviweer name

comment:20 Changed 3 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Reviewers set to Luca De Feo
  • Status changed from needs_work to positive_review

comment:21 Changed 3 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/jdemeyer/split_src_sage_libs_pari to 27812d05c14501b7bdb501d271f4625704a028b7
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.