Center related classes and methods in Skew Polynomials
|Reported by:||arpitdm||Owned by:|
|Cc:||tscrim, caruso, jsrn, dlucas||Merged in:|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Work issues:|
Description (last modified by )
We propose the addition of the following methods and classes to skew polynomials:
- class CenterSkewPolynomial_generic_dense
- class SectionSkewPolynomialCenterInjection?
- class SkewPolynomialCenterInjection?
- class CenterSkewPolynomialRing?
- def center in
In addition, we designed a special class
SkewPolynomial_finite_order_dense for dense skew polynomial over fields when the twisting endomorphism has finite order (in which case the centre has finite index). It include the following methods:
Note: The original ticket #13215 first introduced this functionality (only for finite fields). That was subsequently modified to support the basic implementation of skew polynomials and the center based methods from that ticket that were removed are being reintroduced here.
Change History (7)
comment:5 Changed 7 months ago by
- Branch changed from u/arpitdm/centering_methods_skew_polynomials to u/caruso/centering_methods_skew_polynomials
comment:6 Changed 7 months ago by
- Commit changed from 3d7cd832b429c370bc95ffeb798821c07efbe5ba to 35f44cbe04b0e3b9def006660283aea5b93ee28e
- Dependencies changed from #13215, #21088, #21259 to #13215
- Description modified (diff)
- Status changed from new to needs_review