Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#20386 closed defect (fixed)

Do not hardcode singular include path

Reported by: jdemeyer Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-7.2
Component: build Keywords: days77
Cc: aenge, saraedum Merged in:
Authors: Jeroen Demeyer Reviewers: Julian Rüth
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: e09a255 (Commits) Commit: e09a255a09069afabb6dafb02e2ab9cac722edaf
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

Get rid of include_dirs = singular_incs in setup.py to enable easier packaging for Nix/Guix?/hashdist-style distros.

Change History (14)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Keywords days77 added

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by saraedum

  • Cc saraedum added

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Branch set to u/jdemeyer/do_not_hardcode_singular_include_path

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Commit set to 685a35b0ea26af241c581c7e87529aa0b52539ab
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

685a35bInclude all Singular includes in $SAGE_LOCAL/include/singular

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by saraedum

  • Reviewers set to Julian Rüth
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by tmonteil

  • Cc aenge added; andreas.enge@… removed

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_work

Doesn't work, see patchbot

comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

Not sure why it worked for me... testing again after make distclean; make

comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 685a35b0ea26af241c581c7e87529aa0b52539ab to 0aae37de1ed99ff6c1118694e792c42e416e5382

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

0aae37dPatch Singular to use the correct include directories

comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 0aae37de1ed99ff6c1118694e792c42e416e5382 to e09a255a09069afabb6dafb02e2ab9cac722edaf

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

e09a255Add a link in the patch to the ticket

comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

Apparently, some Singular Makefile actually rewrites the include path from the correct to the wrong path. I added a Singular patch to remove one sed command fixing the issue. This now works even after make distclean.

comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by saraedum

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Thanks for figuring this out :) To bad that we have to patch Singular but their build is just broken it seems.

comment:14 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/jdemeyer/do_not_hardcode_singular_include_path to e09a255a09069afabb6dafb02e2ab9cac722edaf
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.