Opened 4 years ago

Closed 2 years ago

#20073 closed defect (fixed)

p-adic extensions with non-monic polynomials

Reported by: roed Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-7.1
Component: padics Keywords: sd87
Cc: Merged in:
Authors: Adele Bourgeois Reviewers: GaYee Park
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 48be601 (Commits) Commit: 48be601fe35d7d56ec6cbbb6d21bb6921230b7eb
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

sage: A = Qp(3,5)
sage: Po.<X> = A[]
sage: f = Po([3,0,-1])
sage: K.<a> = A.ext(f)
Traceback (most recent call last):
...
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'preseed' referenced before assignment

Change History (13)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by asteele

  • Branch set to u/asteele/ticket/20073

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by asteele

  • Commit set to 7f966970ce066669c13ec27ef5d6c13eaf6441dd
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

7f96697Fixed typo with variable assignment

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by roed

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

So, whenever you fix a bug you also need to add doctests to show that the bug has been fixed. In this case, try creating some extensions defined by non-monic polynomials and playing around with them. Do they behave as you would want?

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 7f966970ce066669c13ec27ef5d6c13eaf6441dd to bbb7268c1692a0068a9d4bd5ae7624eadf321454

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

bbb7268added doctests

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by roed

Your branch doesn't merge against develop. I think the following will work, if executed from within the sage folder:

~/sage$ git fetch trac develop:develop
~/sage$ git pull develop

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from bbb7268c1692a0068a9d4bd5ae7624eadf321454 to 8081eab7fac81a3cef7d40133937bc2ca01baa38

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

ee461b6merge with develop
8081eabadded doctests after fixing conflicts

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by asteele

Thanks for the help! Should merge cleanly now.

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by roed

Cool. You should also add some tests showing that the resulting extensions have the right defining polynomial.

comment:9 Changed 2 years ago by aly.deines

  • Keywords sd87 added

comment:10 Changed 2 years ago by abourgeois

  • Branch changed from u/asteele/ticket/20073 to u/abourgeois/ticket/20073

comment:11 Changed 2 years ago by abourgeois

  • Authors set to Adele Bourgeois
  • Commit changed from 8081eab7fac81a3cef7d40133937bc2ca01baa38 to 48be601fe35d7d56ec6cbbb6d21bb6921230b7eb
  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

New commits:

063b58cMerge branch 'develop' into t/20073/ticket/20073
48be601Added documentation to verify that the extension has the right defining polynomial

comment:12 Changed 2 years ago by gpark

  • Reviewers set to GaYee Park
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

All test passed

comment:13 Changed 2 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/abourgeois/ticket/20073 to 48be601fe35d7d56ec6cbbb6d21bb6921230b7eb
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.