Opened 4 years ago

Last modified 18 months ago

#19320 new task

WQSym (Hopf algebra of packed words/ordered set partitions)

Reported by: elixyre Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-6.9
Component: combinatorics Keywords:
Cc: alauve, zabrocki, amypang, darij, kdilks, sage-combinat, tscrim Merged in:
Authors: Jean-Baptiste Priez Reviewers:
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: public/hopf_algebras/wqsym (Commits) Commit: cae0e8d700c85137b37dadeeb8adc7212b8e414d
Dependencies: #15611, #19283, #15573 Stopgaps:

Description

A first version of the Hopf algebra of packed words

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by elixyre

  • Type changed from PLEASE CHANGE to task

Mike, Yannik was interested in this Hopf algebra. Could you ask him to do some test and documentation?

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by elixyre

I don't understand what means "trac's automerging failed"...

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from f15917554bcfb6131363bc054013a45886907709 to cae0e8d700c85137b37dadeeb8adc7212b8e414d

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

cae0e8dFixed merge conflict

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by elixyre

Thanks you Kevin!

I don't understand why those conflicts doesn't appear on my computer...

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by kdilks

Sometimes the way that git keeps tracks of changes doesn't quite work the same way that we think of changing a file, and it's not smart enough to figure out what happened.

In this case, I pulled in your branch to my local version, and got this output

git_trac.git_error.GitError?: git returned with non-zero exit code (1) when executing "git merge FETCH_HEAD"

STDOUT: Auto-merging src/sage/combinat/set_partition_ordered.py STDOUT: CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/sage/combinat/set_partition_ordered.py STDOUT: Auto-merging src/sage/combinat/set_partition.py STDOUT: Auto-merging src/sage/combinat/permutation.py STDOUT: Auto-merging src/sage/combinat/composition.py STDOUT: Auto-merging src/sage/combinat/all.py STDOUT: Auto-merging src/doc/en/reference/categories/index.rst STDOUT: Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

That means it had problems figuring out what happened in the file set_partition_ordered.py. Then when you go into that file, at some point in the middle there will be a block of text that looks like

<<<<<<< HEAD

what was originally in this space
================

what your new branch has in this space

>>>>>>>  

In this case, 'what was originally in this space' was just class OrderedSetPartitions(Parent, UniqueRepresentation):, which I think was originally a place holder until that code got written. Then your code added some methods before that class was defined, and then defined that class. I think git just got confused because that line wasn't changed or deleted, but moved into the middle of a bunch of other changes.

Anyways, you solve the merge conflict by combining the two sections of code into what you actually want it to be. In this case, I just had to delete the 'what was originally in this space' and the conflict markers.

comment:6 Changed 18 months ago by tscrim

See #25133 for an initial implementation.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.