Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#18901 closed defect (fixed)

Bug in continued fractions of real literal

Reported by: vdelecroix Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-6.8
Component: number theory Keywords:
Cc: was Merged in:
Authors: Vincent Delecroix Reviewers: Sébastien Labbé
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 8d86cb3 (Commits) Commit: 8d86cb325724472a7fe55e1a351ab5958b474ddf
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

As reported in #14567, continued_fraction fails for real literals

sage: continued_fraction_list(1.575709393346379)
Error in lines 1-1
Traceback (most recent call last):
...
ValueError: does not know how to compute the continued fraction of 1.57570939334638

Change History (10)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

  • Branch set to u/vdelecroix/18901
  • Commit set to 81d11d0cba0813b49f675cb4eb673367b9e0cd7c
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

81d11d0Trac #18901: continued fraction of real literals

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by slabbe

  • Branch changed from u/vdelecroix/18901 to public/18901
  • Commit changed from 81d11d0cba0813b49f675cb4eb673367b9e0cd7c to e55a0d43c35d6e1aadc1818811918c111a1fed82

I tested this ticket. The problem is fixed. The handling of real litteral is really done in the continued_fraction_list function, so I moved the new doctest there. I posted this changes in the branch public/18901. Tell me if you do not agree or set this to positive review.

Sébastien


New commits:

e55a0d4Trac #18901: moved new test to continued_fraction_list

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by slabbe

  • Reviewers set to Sébastien Labbé

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from e55a0d43c35d6e1aadc1818811918c111a1fed82 to b8eedc4cff4964408608f897c842c8c479738d84

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

b8eedc4Trac #18901: readd part of test to continued_fraction

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

Hello,

This is wrong

TESTS::

Fixed ...

It should be

TESTS:

Fixed ...

Vincent

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from b8eedc4cff4964408608f897c842c8c479738d84 to 8d86cb325724472a7fe55e1a351ab5958b474ddf

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

8d86cb3Trac #18901: Fix ReST syntax

comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by slabbe

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by slabbe

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from public/18901 to 8d86cb325724472a7fe55e1a351ab5958b474ddf
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.