Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#18482 closed enhancement (fixed)

Unicode art for symbolics

Reported by: vbraun Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-6.8
Component: symbolics Keywords:
Cc: vdelecroix Merged in:
Authors: Volker Braun Reviewers: Vincent Delecroix
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: db1c0e4 (Commits) Commit: db1c0e4e9af353f8bc0f389477e76e7a8b58ff0e
Dependencies: #18357 Stopgaps:

Description (last modified by vbraun)

Example:

sage: %display unicode_art
sage: integral(exp(sqrt(x))/(x+pi), x)
⌠          
⎮    ___   
⎮  ╲╱ x    
⎮ ℯ        
⎮ ────── dx
⎮ x + π    
⌡          

Change History (18)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Component changed from PLEASE CHANGE to symbolics
  • Dependencies set to #18357
  • Type changed from PLEASE CHANGE to enhancement

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Authors set to Volker Braun
  • Description modified (diff)

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch set to u/vbraun/unicode_art_for_symbolics

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit set to ef5b6a42b991ff971730ed6b7792847c19f6a200

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

ef5b6a4fix docbuild and doctests in sage.typeset

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Cc vdelecroix added
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work
  • Work issues set to rebase

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from ef5b6a42b991ff971730ed6b7792847c19f6a200 to 3f68c336f942d02baba722231e290e9ab4ad5622

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

3f68c33Merge 6.8.beta2 into #18482

comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review
  • Work issues rebase deleted

fixed

comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

  • Branch changed from u/vbraun/unicode_art_for_symbolics to public/18482
  • Commit changed from 3f68c336f942d02baba722231e290e9ab4ad5622 to db1c0e4e9af353f8bc0f389477e76e7a8b58ff0e
  • Reviewers set to Vincent Delecroix

Hello,

Waiting for the patchbot final check. But this is good for me.

Vincent


New commits:

f13355fTrac #18482: remove trailing Volker's whitespaces
db1c0e4Trac #18482: fix sage_object.pyx

comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from db1c0e4e9af353f8bc0f389477e76e7a8b58ff0e to e01e0888b6d129d9cd50f5af37d43bc70574efbb

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

e01e088Merge branch 'develop' into t/18482/public/18482

comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by rws

Patchbot passes with only some long test timeouts. The patchbot ascii plugin fails and I have difficulties making doc-pdf in ru/tutorial but that could be spurious.

comment:12 follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

replying to comment:11: What did you do in e01e088? If this is only a merge commit you can remove it. If there is something else it needs to be separated.

comment:13 in reply to: ↑ 12 Changed 4 years ago by rws

Replying to vdelecroix:

replying to comment:11: What did you do in e01e088? If this is only a merge commit you can remove it. If there is something else it needs to be separated.

The branch link was red, so I merged develop. Indeed there was no merge conflict when I did. I'll remove it so we can see if it goes red again.

comment:14 Changed 4 years ago by rws

  • Branch changed from public/18482 to public/18482-1

comment:15 follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by rws

  • Commit changed from e01e0888b6d129d9cd50f5af37d43bc70574efbb to db1c0e4e9af353f8bc0f389477e76e7a8b58ff0e

It's red again, see for yourself.

comment:16 in reply to: ↑ 15 Changed 4 years ago by vdelecroix

Replying to rws:

It's red again, see for yourself.

I see. It was discussed on sage-devel. The merge test of the trac plugin is less concilient than the default git merge.

But still, I do not see the need of an additional commit.

comment:17 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:18 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from public/18482-1 to db1c0e4e9af353f8bc0f389477e76e7a8b58ff0e
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.