Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#17729 closed enhancement (fixed)

Implement Weil restriction for affine schemes/points/morphisms

Reported by: bhutz Owned by: bhutz
Priority: major Milestone: sage-6.6
Component: algebraic geometry Keywords:
Cc: Merged in:
Authors: Ben Hutz Reviewers: Joao Alberto de Faria
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 8bacaf5 (Commits) Commit: 8bacaf544e6003af4bf99f96fccc50fe48c0c866
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

#5569 implements Weil restriction (restriction of scalars) for ideals. This will extend that to affine schemes and also points and morphisms of affine schemes.

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by bhutz

  • Branch set to u/bhutz/ticket/17729
  • Created changed from 02/04/15 14:22:14 to 02/04/15 14:22:14
  • Modified changed from 02/04/15 14:22:14 to 02/04/15 14:22:14

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by bhutz

  • Authors set to Ben Hutz
  • Commit set to c1294c3c851ffe1b2d83f0bed4125772adbf976f
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

Note that when I implemented this I noticed that the original implementation for ideals was inconsistently ordering the coordinates. In particular it labelled a^2x2 + ax1 + ax0 and then created the coordinates (x2,x1,x0) in the ring k[x0,x1,x2]. This caused issues for morphisms, so I made this consistent: i.e. coordinates (x0,x1,x2). I also allowed for weil restrictions of relative number fields (to the base field) instead of just absolute number fields. These are the only two changes to the original implementation.


New commits:

c1294c317729: implement weil restriction for affine schemes

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by jdefaria

  • Reviewers set to Joao Alberto de Faria
  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

Outside of the merge issue, in the affine point folder, the weil restriction function should be calling min_poly and not absolute_minpoly, otherwise it won't work for relative field extensions, (also put a better relative field extension example)

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from c1294c3c851ffe1b2d83f0bed4125772adbf976f to e06c496a59f0c9d3b5a82db75904c0d408153c99

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

42b4cb1Merge branch 'master' into ticket/17729
e06c49617729: fixed minor issues from review

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from e06c496a59f0c9d3b5a82db75904c0d408153c99 to 8bacaf544e6003af4bf99f96fccc50fe48c0c866

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

8bacaf5Merge branch 'master' into ticket/17729

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by bhutz

  • Milestone changed from sage-6.5 to sage-6.6
  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

fixed a merge issues with beta0, then there was another merge issues with beta1. All fixed now.

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by jdefaria

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Went through and did some sanity checking, ran a long test just to be sure, looks clean, setting to positive review

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/bhutz/ticket/17729 to 8bacaf544e6003af4bf99f96fccc50fe48c0c866
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.