Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

#17433 closed defect (fixed)

projective point equality fails for quotient base rings

Reported by: bhutz Owned by: bhutz
Priority: major Milestone: sage-6.5
Component: algebraic geometry Keywords:
Cc: Merged in:
Authors: Ben Hutz Reviewers: Joao Alberto de Faria
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 660e624 (Commits) Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

Since the coordinates of the points are lifted, the current equality check fails to detect equality over quotient rings. The comparisons need to be done in the base ring.

P.<x,y>=ProjectiveSpace(Zmod(10),1)
p1=P(1/3,1)
p2=P.point([1,3],False)
p1==p2

Change History (15)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by bhutz

  • Branch set to u/bhutz/ticket/17433
  • Created changed from 12/02/14 21:16:14 to 12/02/14 21:16:14
  • Modified changed from 12/02/14 21:16:14 to 12/02/14 21:16:14

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit set to 41a5b454cb321fc8e5d8fc058b7be77bdf2c6522

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

41a5b4517433: add more examples

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 41a5b454cb321fc8e5d8fc058b7be77bdf2c6522 to 8e3e894f5f5fac85062f7c035eaf273ca782fa52

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

8e3e89417433: fixed some typos

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by bhutz

  • Status changed from new to needs_review
  • Summary changed from projective point equality fails for quoteitn base rings to projective point equality fails for quotient base rings

The fix has the coordinate of the points in the base ring. This was true for fields but not for rings (the coordinates of quotient rings were lifted). Now it is consistent and this fixes the equality comparison as well.

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by jdefaria

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Looked over the code, everything ran clean on my end

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_work

Author/reviewer name missing

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by tscrim

Ping Plus a rebase is needed.

comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 8e3e894f5f5fac85062f7c035eaf273ca782fa52 to 15aa61f96defa91781e02ad90f6649544df45d35

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

15aa61f17433: merge in sage.5.beta3

comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 15aa61f96defa91781e02ad90f6649544df45d35 to d208b8bc9ea28c2f499af23ed8751318db5cd348

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

d208b8b17433: merge with sage6.5.beta3

comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by bhutz

I thought I did a bad job on the merge since it still wasn't merging with the master. So I backed up one commit and redid the merge. I did resolve what I thought was the conflict in projective_point.py both times...

comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from d208b8bc9ea28c2f499af23ed8751318db5cd348 to 73e233bcf25322beb943ea3f9c4157f5f97f01bf

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

fc17d2017433: merge with 6.5.beta3
73e233b17433: fix remaining merge issues

comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by bhutz

  • Authors set to Ben Hutz
  • Reviewers set to Joao de Faria
  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

ok. I think I finally have the merge working. I had to split it slightly into two commits.

comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by tscrim

  • Branch changed from u/bhutz/ticket/17433 to u/tscrim/ticket/17433
  • Commit changed from 73e233bcf25322beb943ea3f9c4157f5f97f01bf to 660e6247fa4aaa927b302fb191dd3ed71df05b32
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

No merge problems (sometimes trac can be fickle). Also I allowed myself to do some trivial whitespace changes.


New commits:

6c429eaMerge branch 'u/bhutz/ticket/17433' of trac.sagemath.org:sage into u/tscrim/ticket/17433
660e624Trivial whitespace changes.

comment:14 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/tscrim/ticket/17433 to 660e6247fa4aaa927b302fb191dd3ed71df05b32
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed

comment:15 Changed 4 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Commit 660e6247fa4aaa927b302fb191dd3ed71df05b32 deleted
  • Reviewers changed from Joao de Faria to Joao Alberto de Faria
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.