Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#17001 closed enhancement (fixed)

Functionality for fast evaluation of affine morphisms

Reported by: gjorgenson Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone: sage-6.4
Component: algebraic geometry Keywords:
Cc: bhutz Merged in:
Authors: Grayson Jorgenson Reviewers: Ben Hutz
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: de813ea (Commits) Commit: de813ea0ba683633d314b44c2662bbdf0f787acb
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

Implement existing functionality for fast evaluation of projective morphisms for affine morphisms.

Change History (16)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by gjorgenson

  • Branch set to u/gjorgenson/ticket/17001
  • Created changed from 09/17/14 17:47:13 to 09/17/14 17:47:13
  • Modified changed from 09/17/14 17:47:13 to 09/17/14 17:47:13

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by gjorgenson

  • Commit set to 8a900a79ae5c74af5271b5c807672ccef883c528
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

8a900a7Implemented fast eval functionality for affine morphisms.

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by bhutz

  • Reviewers set to Ben Hutz
  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

A couple very minor issues and one major issue.

  • you should wrap the overlong line in the _fast_polys example
  • ' = ' in the _fast_eval example
  • At the moment, these functions are not actually being used. You need to implement _call_() as well (see projective_morphism)

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 8a900a79ae5c74af5271b5c807672ccef883c528 to 7d047131e1960f415cf341b0585c32af4de1e76d

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

7d04713Added _call_ function to affine_morphism

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by gjorgenson

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by gjorgenson

  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 7d047131e1960f415cf341b0585c32af4de1e76d to 676f5cec6fcbc19f8889bf154a92996e733b863d

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

676f5ceMerged version of affine_morphism.py to resolve merge conflicts

comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by bhutz

I took a quick look at this conflict and it seems very bad to me. Something went quite wrong with merging in the latest beta. There are numerous conflicts throughout sage when I try and merge in the latest beta on my machine into this branch. I'm not sure how to fix something like this other than resetting back to 7d04713 and redoing the merge (which results in just a conflict in affine_morphism, the original problem he was trying to fix with the merge).

Could someone with more git experience make a suggestion here as 'undoing' a commit is typically a bad course of action.

comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by tscrim

The first thing to try is git reset --hard HEAD^ to back up one commit, then retry the merge, and then push it to a new branch name on trac (perhaps a forced push is okay since the current branch is broken essentially broken, or if no forced push, delete the current branch).

If that doesn't work, then I would create a new branch and git cherry-pick the commits from the current branch which correspond to work on the ticket (there's 2 such commits from looking at the log: 8a900a7 and 7d04713).

comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 676f5cec6fcbc19f8889bf154a92996e733b863d to 8dbb3cec2928bf106749800fe74e68f2151c5f29

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

8dbb3ceSecond attempt for merged version of affine_morphism.py

comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 8dbb3cec2928bf106749800fe74e68f2151c5f29 to c1caf7a3b1b0e232527e687fc5b831228727bdd0

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

c1caf7aMerge attempt to merge ticket branch with beta

comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from c1caf7a3b1b0e232527e687fc5b831228727bdd0 to 40850a776cbf8bd3668c4b371451579a32ba88d4

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

dcec167Merged files that seemed to be causing merge conflict locally
40850a7Minor fix in affine_morphism

comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 40850a776cbf8bd3668c4b371451579a32ba88d4 to de813ea0ba683633d314b44c2662bbdf0f787acb

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

de813eaRemoved whitespace created during merge

comment:14 Changed 4 years ago by gjorgenson

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

comment:15 Changed 4 years ago by bhutz

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Since this is now merging cleanly, it looks like the merge with beta4 is now successful.

The functionality works as expected.

comment:16 Changed 4 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/gjorgenson/ticket/17001 to de813ea0ba683633d314b44c2662bbdf0f787acb
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.