Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#16696 closed enhancement (fixed)

correct a typo in doc of morphism.pyx

Reported by: chapoton Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone: sage-6.3
Component: documentation Keywords:
Cc: Merged in:
Authors: Frédéric Chapoton Reviewers: Peter Bruin
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 00f5f0b (Commits, GitHub, GitLab) Commit: 00f5f0bb09642eb706d6aeccd59c2345b701f6c8
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by chapoton)

I have found a typo there. Let us correct this now.

Taking the opportunity to enhance the coverage also.

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by chapoton

  • Branch set to u/chapoton/16696
  • Commit set to 3252cebcea12f857e79e01b410465fb48f411012
  • Description modified (diff)
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

New commits:

3252cebtrac 16xxx correct a bad formatting of doc in morphism.pyx + more doc

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by pbruin

  • Reviewers set to Peter Bruin
  • Status changed from needs_review to needs_work

A few minor/trivial comments/questions:

  • I don't think the change from Sets to Monoids in the doctest for SetMorphism.__init__() is correct. The numerator function is neither a morphism of additive monoids (numerator(1/2) + numerator(2) != numerator(1/2 + 2)) nor of multiplicative monoids (numerator(1/2) * numerator(2) != numerator(1/2 * 2)).
  • What is the reason for changing some docstrings to start with r""" instead of """? If I'm not mistaken, this is only needed if the string contains backslashes. There don't seem to be any backslashes in the ones where you added the r; on the other hand, the docstring of register_as_conversion() does have one (so either it should start with r""" or the backslash in \ZZ should be doubled).
  • I am not a native English speaker, but I think "can not" should be "cannot" in this context, and "should not it be" should be "shouldn't it be" or "should it not be". Also, not using the shortened forms in these cases sounds a bit artificial in my opinion. Anyway, this is really starting to descend into trivialities...

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 3252cebcea12f857e79e01b410465fb48f411012 to 00f5f0bb09642eb706d6aeccd59c2345b701f6c8

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

00f5f0btrac #16696 reviewer's comments

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by chapoton

  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

I have tried to answer your comments.

  • put back sets instead of monoids
  • put r""" exactly when needed
  • wrote "cannot"

Done some more little things

  • added one more doc to another function
  • turn raise statements into py3 syntax

As my sage seems to be broken right now, I was not able to test.

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by pbruin

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/chapoton/16696 to 00f5f0bb09642eb706d6aeccd59c2345b701f6c8
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.