Change History (21)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

  • Authors set to Volker Braun
  • Component changed from PLEASE CHANGE to packages: standard
  • Description modified (diff)
  • Type changed from PLEASE CHANGE to enhancement

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch set to u/vbraun/gap_4_7_5

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

  • Commit set to fbddb40d957e1a83357595abd431798a274655f7
  • Description modified (diff)

New commits:

75c08dbupdate to gap 4.7.5
2db4551the osx 10.4 fix is now upstream
fbddb40the sparc bugfix is now upstream

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

  • Cc dimpase added

comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from fbddb40d957e1a83357595abd431798a274655f7 to 03ad42a4805da7a44fc29b2e890532b825e5a630

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

03ad42aIncrease GAP pool

comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by dimpase

does "gap: cannot extend the workspace any more!" stuff really break the docbuild? I remember seeing on sage-develop statements to the contrary.

comment:8 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

Well according to strace it does. Gap has some warnings and some hard errors for low memory, and this one is apparently a hard error. I looked at the source and it means that sbrk failed, so its not unsurprising.

comment:9 follow-up: Changed 7 years ago by leif

Well, the whole idea of importing (=running) code just to build its documentation is a very bad idea anyway (though of course "powerful"), but that's a different story...

I'll give it a try, but I can't imagine I'm actually running out of (virtual) memory in my docbuild-broken upgraded installation.

comment:10 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

You are not necessarily running out of virtual memory, sbrk can fail for other reasons.

comment:11 in reply to: ↑ 9 ; follow-up: Changed 7 years ago by leif

Replying to leif:

I'll give it a try, but I can't imagine I'm actually running out of (virtual) memory in my docbuild-broken upgraded installation.

Great! That triggers the rebuild of all of Sage for no (real) reason!

Praise the "new workflow" which makes everything so much easier!

comment:12 in reply to: ↑ 11 ; follow-up: Changed 7 years ago by dimpase

Replying to leif:

Replying to leif:

I'll give it a try, but I can't imagine I'm actually running out of (virtual) memory in my docbuild-broken upgraded installation.

Great! That triggers the rebuild of all of Sage for no (real) reason!

happens to me too...

Praise the "new workflow" which makes everything so much easier!

developing software of the future on the hardware of the past :-)

comment:13 in reply to: ↑ 12 Changed 7 years ago by leif

Replying to dimpase:

Replying to leif:

Replying to leif:

I'll give it a try, but I can't imagine I'm actually running out of (virtual) memory in my docbuild-broken upgraded installation.

Great! That triggers the rebuild of all of Sage for no (real) reason!

happens to me too...

At least it fixed the issue for me... (I didn't recall I had gap_packages installed into the installation.)

(Although probably it was really the Maxima upgrade to 5.33 which fixed it, or one of the other 50 tickets that got pulled in by pulling the branch here... ;-) )

comment:14 Changed 7 years ago by fbissey

  • Cc fbissey added

comment:15 Changed 7 years ago by dimpase

  • Cc ppurka added

I am running tests with --optional=sage,database_gap,gap_packages, and seeing few errors. E.g.

sage -t --long src/sage/combinat/sloane_functions.py
**********************************************************************
File "src/sage/combinat/sloane_functions.py", line 372, in sage.combinat.sloane_functions.A000001._eval
Failed example:
    sloane.A000001._eval(51) # optional - database_gap
Expected nothing
Got:
    1
**********************************************************************

There are also errors in src/sage/coding/linear_code.py related to guava. Are they for a separate ticket?

comment:16 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

The guava failures are #14979

comment:17 Changed 7 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 03ad42a4805da7a44fc29b2e890532b825e5a630 to 8026003db0cdb48773dce8d38ccf77e303ba4690

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

8026003fix doctest failures except the guava one (see #14979)

comment:18 Changed 7 years ago by dimpase

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

LGTM

comment:19 Changed 7 years ago by dimpase

the tarfiles are gone here! In fact, http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/ is almost empty now...

comment:20 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

  • Reviewers set to Dima Pasechnik

comment:21 Changed 7 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/vbraun/gap_4_7_5 to 8026003db0cdb48773dce8d38ccf77e303ba4690
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.