Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#16248 closed enhancement (fixed)

Some trivial Orthogonal Arrays (when n=1)

Reported by: ncohen Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: sage-6.3
Component: combinatorics Keywords: design, orthogonal array
Cc: vdelecroix, knsam Merged in:
Authors: Nathann Cohen Reviewers: Vincent Delecroix
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: 5dc4a25 (Commits) Commit: 5dc4a25b48a0900cf2242ba10f6bf5b568b2c6a5
Dependencies: #16272 Stopgaps:

Description

When n=1, the orthogonal array [[0]*k] is a valid answer.

I met this as a corner-case of some constructions I am working on...

Nathann

Change History (17)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by ncohen

  • Branch set to u/ncohen/16248
  • Status changed from new to needs_review
  • Summary changed from Some trivial Orthogonal Arrays to Some trivial Orthogonal Arrays (when n=1)

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by git

  • Commit set to 26423171f7e3daab8c4164b2bcba485df875dbdd

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

2642317trac #16248: Some trivial Orthogonal Arrays

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by vdelecroix

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Hi Nathann,

I love easy zerology tickets!

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by vdelecroix

  • Keywords design orthogonal array added
  • Reviewers set to Vincent Delecroix

comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by ncohen

Ahahah. Well, I prefer when they are not graph-related. I hate to spoil a clean graph algorithm with one thousand stupid "if" :-P

Nathann

comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by vbraun_spam

  • Milestone changed from sage-6.2 to sage-6.3

comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by vbraun

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_work

Merge conflict in src/sage/combinat/designs/orthogonal_arrays.py

comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 26423171f7e3daab8c4164b2bcba485df875dbdd to 36a705b6f5377da844955a7821e53d3beeb33803

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. Last 10 new commits:

e62fae8corrected doctests + new doctests
4d6e964trac #16227: Replace exception with booleans in the doctests
5cfee91trac #16227: Merged with updated #15310
a46446ftrac #16231: Equivalence between OA/TD/MOLS
a9dce70trac #16231: Merged with updated #16227
8d8b928more documentation to orthogonal_arrays.py
8257178remove MOLS construction for prime powers + doc
d051cf4ValueError -> EmptySetError in latin_squares
9e5e94ftrac #16231: Merged with updated #16227
36a705btrac #16248: Merged with #16231

comment:9 Changed 5 years ago by ncohen

  • Dependencies set to #16231
  • Status changed from needs_work to positive_review

Last 10 new commits:

e62fae8corrected doctests + new doctests
4d6e964trac #16227: Replace exception with booleans in the doctests
5cfee91trac #16227: Merged with updated #15310
a46446ftrac #16231: Equivalence between OA/TD/MOLS
a9dce70trac #16231: Merged with updated #16227
8d8b928more documentation to orthogonal_arrays.py
8257178remove MOLS construction for prime powers + doc
d051cf4ValueError -> EmptySetError in latin_squares
9e5e94ftrac #16231: Merged with updated #16227
36a705btrac #16248: Merged with #16231

comment:10 Changed 5 years ago by ncohen

I hope that this was where your conflict came from O_O;;;

Nathann

comment:11 Changed 5 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 36a705b6f5377da844955a7821e53d3beeb33803 to 410200e3c025e1ed7da44f0bf602c24ae2f9d855
  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_review

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1 and set ticket back to needs_review. Last 10 new commits:

0812a73trac #16281: Simplification
61dc86b16281: long comment for the construction of the projective plane
51daa7ftrac #16281: correct a doctest
e090f92trac #16272: merge #16281
9a221betrac #16272: fix doctests
5074eeetrac #16272: finer doctest to test the output of transversal_design
d81f265trac #16272: ultimate doctest
47798d2trac #16272: simplifying the structure of orthogonal_array
d34b012trac #16272: Merged with updated #16227
410200etrac #16248: Merged with #16272

comment:12 Changed 5 years ago by ncohen

  • Dependencies changed from #16231 to #16231, #16272

comment:13 Changed 5 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 410200e3c025e1ed7da44f0bf602c24ae2f9d855 to 5dc4a25b48a0900cf2242ba10f6bf5b568b2c6a5

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. This was a forced push. New commits:

5dc4a25trac #16248: Merged with #16272

comment:14 Changed 5 years ago by ncohen

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:15 Changed 5 years ago by ncohen

I moved this above #16272. Looks like with git you'd better work with totally linear dependencies or the number of commits on each ticket will JUMP when you merged everything together -_-

Nathann

comment:16 Changed 5 years ago by ncohen

  • Dependencies changed from #16231, #16272 to #16272

comment:17 Changed 5 years ago by vbraun

  • Branch changed from u/ncohen/16248 to 5dc4a25b48a0900cf2242ba10f6bf5b568b2c6a5
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.