Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

#15380 closed enhancement (fixed)

Improving documentation for triangular module morphisms

Reported by: darij Owned by:
Priority: trivial Milestone: sage-6.1
Component: categories Keywords: categories, modules, free modules, days54
Cc: tscrim, hivert Merged in:
Authors: Darij Grinberg Reviewers: Travis Scrimshaw
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: public/ticket/15380new (Commits) Commit: 5dd032413d3662f653e52e82a6414c4f8a3c9699
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

This is just something I wrote while learning how to use triangular module morphisms. Nothing really changed apart from some asserts replaced by ValueErrors? (far from systematically...) and some unneeded declarations and imports removed; however, the doc is IMHO more readable now and the doctests cover some less-obvious cases.

Change History (20)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by darij

  • Branch set to public/ticket/15380
  • Commit set to 3dccb89ae4851c47e9a81f165d299002ec505818

New commits:

3dccb89clarification on combination of keywords
63c904aalso, pyflakes said these are useless
b0d2568improving the docstring for triangular module morphisms
ea902f9change to clumsy but nonambiguous wording
8fb58f1Some docstring improvements in modules_with_basis.py

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by darij

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 3dccb89ae4851c47e9a81f165d299002ec505818 to 91f81600346d5e28baf7ad546a6e0729a77fc9ed

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

91f8160More documentation fixes.

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by tscrim

  • Reviewers set to Travis Scrimshaw

Hey Darij,

I pushed some more docfixes, so if you're happy with my changes, then it's a positive review.

Best,
Travis

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by tscrim

  • Keywords days54 added

comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 91f81600346d5e28baf7ad546a6e0729a77fc9ed to 10e471e4ea2cdb57a4444d03db939e3a0b1c5e76

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

10e471emore doc fixes

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from 10e471e4ea2cdb57a4444d03db939e3a0b1c5e76 to e564054450081713ee24432bc29f92702c01d957

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

e564054typo fixed

comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by git

  • Commit changed from e564054450081713ee24432bc29f92702c01d957 to 1452ef9e15c33c462c6d70f0a2e34215426c15cf

Branch pushed to git repo; I updated commit sha1. New commits:

1452ef9more grammar fixed

comment:9 Changed 6 years ago by tscrim

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Milestone changed from sage-5.13 to sage-6.0

comment:11 Changed 6 years ago by vbraun_spam

  • Milestone changed from sage-6.0 to sage-6.1

comment:12 Changed 6 years ago by vbraun

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_work

Test failures:

sage -t --long src/sage/combinat/ncsym/dual.py  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/combinat/sf/new_kschur.py  # 3 doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/combinat/sf/sf.py  # 2 doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/tests/book_schilling_zabrocki_kschur_primer.py  # 1 doctest failed

comment:13 Changed 6 years ago by darij

  • Commit changed from 1452ef9e15c33c462c6d70f0a2e34215426c15cf to d98d159d27c149e389b554e226778b1023e12228

Thanks, Volker, for spotting these. They come from a ValueError? text I "improved", but since it wasn't really an improvement, I've just retracted that. Could I ask you for a little favor? The last commit should be easy to review.

comment:14 Changed 6 years ago by darij

  • Commit changed from d98d159d27c149e389b554e226778b1023e12228 to 5dd032413d3662f653e52e82a6414c4f8a3c9699

OOPS, that's not the commit I wanted to upload! Sorry!

One moment while I'm trying to push force...


New commits:

5dd0324reverting a change to a ValueError string because it gave a more readable output; a couple more doc changes

comment:15 Changed 6 years ago by darij

OK, so let's do it manually. 5dd0324 *is* the correct HEAD, but http://git.sagemath.org/sage.git/log/?h=public%2Fticket%2F15380&qt=range&q=develop..public%2Fticket%2F15380 will show the old branch which I accidentally uploaded. Sorry guys.

EDIT: unfortunately, clicking on the "branch" field also gives the crap branch instead of the right one. I'm going to do a manual override and change the "Branch" field...

EDIT2: Here, the new branch at least is correct. Sorry for the mess!!

Last edited 6 years ago by darij (previous) (diff)

comment:16 Changed 6 years ago by darij

  • Branch changed from public/ticket/15380 to public/ticket/15380new
  • Status changed from needs_work to needs_review

comment:17 Changed 6 years ago by tscrim

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:18 Changed 6 years ago by tscrim

Sorry I didn't catch that Volker.

comment:19 Changed 6 years ago by darij

Thanks again, Travis!

comment:20 Changed 6 years ago by vbraun

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.