Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#14360 closed defect (fixed)

Upgrade patchbot

Reported by: vbraun Owned by: mvngu
Priority: major Milestone: sage-5.10
Component: packages: optional Keywords:
Cc: robertwb, roed Merged in:
Authors: Robert Bradshaw Reviewers: David Roe, Volker Braun
Report Upstream: Fixed upstream, in a later stable release. Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by jdemeyer)

The patchbot is broken by new doctesting framework.

Also fix issues with plugins not getting reported, tests all long, detects errors in documentation building, and preliminary (unfinished) support for git.

spkg: http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/robertwb/patches/patchbot-1.3.spkg

Change History (17)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by roed

Does anyone know what the -s option does? I can't find any documentation in the old testing code.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by roed

Oh, I see: I didn't read the description closely enough. This is fixed at https://github.com/robertwb/sage-patchbot: you should update your patchbot. I'll send an e-mail to sage-devel.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by roed

  • Report Upstream changed from N/A to Fixed upstream, but not in a stable release.

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by robertwb

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by roed

  • Authors set to Robert Bradshaw
  • Report Upstream changed from Fixed upstream, but not in a stable release. to Fixed upstream, in a later stable release.
  • Reviewers set to David Roe
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Looks fine to me.

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Component changed from doctest to optional packages
  • Description modified (diff)

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_work

SPKG.txt needs to be updated.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

The package is missing an hg repository (not that I care that much since it's not a standard package).

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

The script make-spkg.sh should be renamed spkg-dist for consistency in naming with similar scripts (and obviously it would be nice if it were documented, but again I don't personally care that much).

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

In SPKG.txt, "Sage Patchbot 1.2" must be "patchbot-1.2" (imagine we ever make an automatic SPKG.txt-parsing tool).

comment:11 Changed 9 years ago by vbraun

For the record, the disk space requirements has increased quite a lot:

[patchbot@desktop sage-5.10.beta2]$ du -sh .
714G	.

Earlier versions stopped somewhere at the 50-100GB mark.

comment:12 Changed 9 years ago by vbraun

Though perhaps thats just because we run on more patches? Each of the 377 subdirectories devel/sage-???? is about 1.8G.

comment:13 Changed 9 years ago by vbraun

Also, the patchbot doesn't check German docs. We tripped over this in #13213 where there was a doctest failure in doc/de/tutorial/tour_advanced.rst that the patchbot did not find.

comment:14 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Description modified (diff)
  • Summary changed from patchbot broken by new doctesting framework to Upgrade patchbot

comment:15 Changed 9 years ago by vbraun

  • Reviewers changed from David Roe to David Roe, Volker Braun
  • Status changed from needs_work to positive_review

Looks good to me!

comment:16 Changed 9 years ago by schilly

i've put the spkg on the server.

comment:17 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.