Changes between Initial Version and Version 1 of Ticket #13447, comment 33


Ignore:
Timestamp:
09/17/12 09:33:52 (7 years ago)
Author:
SimonKing
Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #13447, comment 33

    initial v1  
    99 * I removed the custom refcounting. But there were tests using the custom refcounters. The original tests demonstrated that the underlying c-data (the libsingular ring) is properly deleted. I replaced them by tests showing that the `MPolynomialRing_libsingular` get garbage collected. Is that OK from your point of view?
    1010
    11  * The mentioned tests will ''only'' work with #715 and #11521, because they are responsible for making polynomial rings garbage collectable. Hence, #13477 and #715 and #11521 need to be merged together; just having #715 and #11521 would result in the OS X problem we encountered, and #13447 alone would have two failing tests.
     11 * The mentioned tests will ''only'' work with #715 and #11521, because they are responsible for making polynomial rings garbage collectable. Hence, #13447 and #715 and #11521 need to be merged together; just having #715 and #11521 would result in the OS X problem we encountered, and #13447 alone would have two failing tests.
    1212
    1313 * #13145 has already been merged in sage-5.4.beta1. I suggest to unmerge it, because it uses the old unreliable "double refcount" approach. My new patch also takes care of refcounting of plural rings.