Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#13410 closed defect (fixed)

Patchbot timeouts

Reported by: vbraun Owned by: tbd
Priority: major Milestone: sage-5.4
Component: packages: optional Keywords:
Cc: kini, dkrenn, ddrake, davidloeffler, schilly, jdemeyer Merged in: sage-5.4.beta0
Authors: Robert Bradshaw Reviewers: Volker Braun
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: #12486 Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by robertwb)

The patchbot calls

  handle = urllib2.urlopen(url, timeout=5)

in trac.py instead of using the configurable timeout. If you have many dependencies then the probability that one takes 5 seconds to retrieve can get close to 100%...

Apply:

Change History (11)

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by robertwb

  • Cc kini dkrenn ddrake davidloeffler schilly jdemeyer added; robertwb removed
  • Dependencies set to #12486
  • Description modified (diff)
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

Fixes this bug, as well as other robustness improvements, more powerful plugins, and general cleanup.

Install the spkg at http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/robertwb/patches/patchbot-1.1.spkg

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by vbraun

  • Authors set to Robert Bradshaw
  • Reviewers set to Volker Braun
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Looks good to me!

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by schilly

i just put this optional spkg on the server+mirrors.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by robertwb

Thanks!

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by kini

Harald, the list of packages still lists 1.0, but only 1.1 exists on the server, hence sage -i patchbot fails.

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by schilly

what list of packages? ah, well. i have no idea what this script really does or is supposed to do. i ran it again and it works.

maybe it does create two entries, if there are two versions (and it archives the older one). in the second pass, the old one was no longer there.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by kini

I'm not sure what list of packages, but all I know is that sage -i patchbot said something like "found latest version is patchbot-1.0, attempting to download, 404".

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by schilly

kini, just for the record, i'm pretty sure it's this list:

http://sagemath.org/mirror/spkg/optional/list

which had two entries (one for 1.0 and one with 1.1).

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by vbraun

For the record, ./sage -f patchbot worked for me and pulled in v1.1.

comment:11 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Merged in set to sage-5.4.beta0
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.