Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#13013 closed defect (fixed)

Update to python-2.7.3

Reported by: vbraun Owned by: tbd
Priority: major Milestone: sage-5.0.1
Component: packages: standard Keywords: sd40.5
Cc: fbissey, novoselt Merged in: sage-5.0.1.rc1
Authors: Volker Braun Reviewers: Jeroen Demeyer
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Status badges

Description (last modified by jdemeyer)

Python 2.7.2 distutils have a bug on ext4 or other filesystems with sub-second resolution. The result is that some source files are copied unnecessarily. This is somewhat annoying in sage -b.

New spkg at http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/jdemeyer/spkg/python-2.7.3.p0.spkg

Apply trac_13013_setup_deps.patch

Attachments (2)

python-spkg.diff (4.8 KB) - added by vbraun 10 years ago.
spkg diff for review purposes only
trac_13013_setup_deps.patch (6.3 KB) - added by vbraun 10 years ago.
Updated patch

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (17)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by novoselt

  • Cc fbissey novoselt added

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by vbraun

  • Description modified (diff)

Our setup.py needed some fixes to work with the new python, most notably you need to tell it to have at least one thread. Also fixed some other warts that annoyed me, like the

setup.py:644: UserWarning: could not find dependency <vector> included in /home/vbraun/opt/sage-5.0/local/lib/python/site-packages/Cython/Includes/libcpp/vector.pxd. I will assume it is a system C/C++ header.

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by vbraun

  • Description modified (diff)
  • Status changed from new to needs_review

Changed 10 years ago by vbraun

spkg diff for review purposes only

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by fbissey

I think one doctest may need fixing, I don't have the particular at hand because my work computer is switched off.

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by novoselt

I am getting

sage -t -long devel/sage-main/sage/misc/prandom.py
**********************************************************************
File "/tmp/sage-5.0/devel/sage-main/sage/misc/prandom.py", line 211:
    sage: [expovariate(0.001) for i in range(3)]
Expected:
    [2194.27528710212, 664.856145830767, 3108.01255906546]
Got:
    [118.152309288166, 722.261959038118, 45.7190543690470]
**********************************************************************
File "/tmp/sage-5.0/devel/sage-main/sage/misc/prandom.py", line 213:
    sage: [expovariate(1.0) for i in range(3)]
Expected:
    [1.10114367058632, 0.652772818610748, 1.69983589896220]
Got:
    [0.404201816061304, 0.735220464997051, 0.201765578600627]
**********************************************************************
File "/tmp/sage-5.0/devel/sage-main/sage/misc/prandom.py", line 215:
    sage: [expovariate(1000) for i in range(3)]
Expected:
    [0.0003554358393809391, 0.0025254102812587195, 0.0001175899408167489]
Got:
    [0.0012068700332283973, 8.340929747302108e-05, 0.00219877067980605]
**********************************************************************
1 items had failures:
   3 of   6 in __main__.example_11
***Test Failed*** 3 failures.

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by vbraun

  • Keywords sd40.5 added

comment:7 Changed 10 years ago by fbissey

That's the one I got in sage-on-gentoo when we did move to 2.7.3. I think that's the exact same value but that's a memory from 3 weeks ago. We also need to check if it is platform dependent.

comment:8 Changed 10 years ago by vbraun

This is the upstream change http://hg.python.org/releasing/2.7.3/rev/4970fa3c4a0b

On the plus side, its as platform-independent as it was before.

Changed 10 years ago by vbraun

Updated patch

comment:9 Changed 10 years ago by vbraun

All doctests pass now...

comment:10 Changed 10 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Reviewers set to Jeroen Demeyer

I'll have a look.

comment:11 Changed 10 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

Looks good to me. The package works and the changes to setup.py make sense.

comment:12 Changed 10 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Milestone changed from sage-5.1 to sage-5.0.1

comment:13 Changed 10 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_work

Many files in src/ are not world-readable. This should be fixed to be safe.

comment:14 Changed 10 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Description modified (diff)
  • Status changed from needs_work to positive_review

Permissions fixed.

comment:15 Changed 10 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Merged in set to sage-5.0.1.rc1
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.