Opened 9 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#12972 closed defect (fixed)

Fix small bug in elliptic curve saturation

Reported by: cremona Owned by: cremona
Priority: major Milestone: sage-5.4
Component: elliptic curves Keywords: saturation
Cc: Merged in: sage-5.4.beta1
Authors: John Cremona Reviewers: Volker Braun
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

The saturation() method for elliptic curves of Q has a small bug: a variable (which will most often notbe used) was not initialised. At the same time I changed two parameter in the saturation code.

Attachments (1)

Qsat.patch (1.4 KB) - added by cremona 9 years ago.
Applies t.o 5.0

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

Changed 9 years ago by cremona

Applies t.o 5.0

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by cremona

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

I have been using this code (with the patch) for many thousands of curves over several months. I no longer remember which curve actually triggered the bug, so I have not added a doctest. WIth a new release I realised that I had never submitted the patch for review (but I will go on using it every day even if reviewers don't like the lack of doctest!).

comment:2 follow-up: Changed 8 years ago by vbraun

Looks good to me!

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by vbraun

  • Reviewers set to Volker Braun
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 2 Changed 8 years ago by cremona

Replying to vbraun:

Looks good to me!

thanks!

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Milestone changed from sage-5.3 to sage-5.4

comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Merged in set to sage-5.4.beta1
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.