Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#11230 closed enhancement (fixed)

Define our own PariOUT

Reported by: jdemeyer Owned by: was
Priority: minor Milestone: sage-4.7.1
Component: interfaces Keywords: pari
Cc: Merged in: sage-4.7.1.alpha0
Authors: Jeroen Demeyer Reviewers: Robert Bradshaw, John Cremona
Report Upstream: N/A Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

Instead of changing defaultOut in sage/libs/pari/gen.pyx, we should instead define our own PariOUT structure and use that.

Attachments (1)

11230_pariout.patch (2.2 KB) - added by jdemeyer 9 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (10)

Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Status changed from new to needs_review

comment:2 follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by robertwb

  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

LGTM, pending adding the trac number to the ticket description.

Why in the world did we define __x to do ctypedef __x pariout_t?

comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 2 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Reviewers set to Robert Bradshaw

Replying to robertwb:

LGTM, pending adding the trac number to the ticket description.

This is no longer necessary (see http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/f5a9c012f6299a9e/a3c2af4a7700bca3)

Why in the world did we define __x to do ctypedef __x pariout_t?

I didn't write that code, but probably to work around some limitation/bug in an earlier version of Cython?

comment:4 follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by cremona

  • Status changed from positive_review to needs_info

I know this has a positive review from the omnipotent testbot, but when I apply this to a freshly-rolled 4.7.alpha5 and do a full test I get two failures in sage/misc/sagedoc.py:

File "/home/jec/sage-4.7.alpha5.pari/devel/sage-main/sage/misc/sagedoc.py", line 874:
    sage: len(search_doc('tree', interact=False).splitlines()) > 2500  # long time
Expected:
    True
Got:
    False
**********************************************************************
File "/home/jec/sage-4.7.alpha5.pari/devel/sage-main/sage/misc/sagedoc.py", line 489:
    sage: 'abvar/homology' in _search_src_or_doc('doc', 'homology', 'variety', interact=False)
Expected:
    True
Got:
    False

I built Sage with "make build" rather than "make", in case that is relevant. Meanwhile I switched the tag to "needs info" but will continue with this applied and go on to #11130.

comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 ; follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

Replying to cremona:

I built Sage with "make build" rather than "make", in case that is relevant.

Probably it is, because the doctest failures you mention are related to the documentation. So I would guess that make doc-html would solve those problems.

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 ; follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by cremona

Replying to jdemeyer:

Replying to cremona:

I built Sage with "make build" rather than "make", in case that is relevant.

Probably it is, because the doctest failures you mention are related to the documentation. So I would guess that make doc-html would solve those problems.

I guessed so, so am about to try again after sage -docbuild all html has finished...

comment:7 in reply to: ↑ 6 Changed 9 years ago by cremona

  • Status changed from needs_info to needs_review

Replying to cremona:

Replying to jdemeyer:

Replying to cremona:

I built Sage with "make build" rather than "make", in case that is relevant.

Probably it is, because the doctest failures you mention are related to the documentation. So I would guess that make doc-html would solve those problems.

I guessed so, so am about to try again after sage -docbuild all html has finished...

As expected, the problem went away. I suppose it was silly to base the full test on devel/sage and not devel/sage/sage given that I had not built the docs.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by cremona

  • Reviewers changed from Robert Bradshaw to Robert Bradshaw, John Cremona
  • Status changed from needs_review to positive_review

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by jdemeyer

  • Merged in set to sage-4.7.1.alpha0
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from positive_review to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.