EllipticCurve(..., j=...) shouldn't ignore field argument if given.
|Reported by:||was||Owned by:||cremona|
|Authors:||John Cremona||Reviewers:||Chris Wuthrich|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Work issues:|
I found the following to be rather unexpected: EllipticCurve(GF(144169),j=1728) Elliptic Curve defined by y^2 = x^3 - x over Rational Field - Victor Miller [I understand that 1728 is considered an Integer, yet the first argument seems to be ignored]
Change History (8)
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by wuthrich
- Component changed from number theory to elliptic curves
- Owner changed from was to cremona
- Report Upstream set to N/A
Changed 4 years ago by cremona
comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by wuthrich
- Reviewers set to Chris Wuthrich
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.