'?' in docstring gets interpreted immediately by the parser
|Reported by:||justin||Owned by:||mhansen|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Work issues:|
The following code, entered in the command-line interface to Sage, shows the effect:
sage: def foo(x): ....: ''' ....: Eh? Object `Eh` not found. ....: ''' ....: return x ....:
The parser appears to act on the '?' right away, rather than wait for the end of the thing being defined (or realizing that '?' in this case is not to be acted on).
The effect shows up with both single- and double- quotes, and with and without the "raw" qualifier (r''').
This may be related to Trac#4405.
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by mhansen
- Owner changed from was to mhansen
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by mhansen
- Report Upstream set to N/A
comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by kini
- Dependencies set to #12719
- Status changed from new to needs_review
comment:6 Changed 2 years ago by jdemeyer
- Milestone changed from sage-pending to sage-duplicate/invalid/wontfix