wrong evaluation of infinite sum
|Reported by:||burcin||Owned by:||burcin|
|Report Upstream:||Fixed upstream, in a later stable release.||Work issues:|
sage: n = var('n') sage: sum(1/((2*n-1)^2*(2*n+1)^2*(2*n+3)^2), n, 0, oo) 3/256*pi^2 - 1/32
The correct answer is 3/256*pi^2.
We should report this to maxima:
(%i10) load(simplify_sum); (%o10) /tmpbig/burcin/sage-5.4/local/share/maxima/5.26.0/share/contrib/solve_r\ ec/simplify_sum.mac (%i11) simplify_sum(sum(1/((2*n-1)^2*(2*n+1)^2*(2*n+3)^2), n, 0, inf)); 2 %pi 2 ---- - 4 %pi 2 (%o11) ---- + -------- 128 128
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 13 months ago by kcrisman
- Report Upstream changed from N/A to Reported upstream. No feedback yet.
comment:2 Changed 6 months ago by jdemeyer
- Reviewers set to Jeroen Demeyer
- Status changed from new to needs_review
comment:3 Changed 6 months ago by jdemeyer
- Report Upstream changed from Reported upstream. No feedback yet. to Fixed upstream, in a later stable release.
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.