Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

Last modified 7 years ago

#1029 closed defect (fixed)

[with patch, spkg] update flint in sage again to r1047

Reported by: was Owned by: was
Priority: major Milestone: sage-2.8.13
Component: packages: standard Keywords:
Cc: Merged in:
Authors: Reviewers:
Report Upstream: Work issues:
Branch: Commit:
Dependencies: Stopgaps:

Description

From Bill Hart:

Hi William,

I've just dug another pile of bugs out of FLINT. All functions in
fmpz_poly normalise correctly now (or at least they should).

I ran a much more comprehensive set of tests, checking for unusual
corner cases. I found a handful of them and removed them.

I've also added a make all to the makefile.

Functions still may not deal with length zero polynomials correctly
(though most functions do) and with aliased inputs, so there will
probably be more changes over the next few days. But for now, FLINT is
much more bulletproof than it was.

Moreover, the svn revision to get it: 1045

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by mabshoff

  • Summary changed from update flint in sage again to update flint in sage again to r1045

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by was

  • Summary changed from update flint in sage again to r1045 to update flint in sage again to r1047

Actually, update to 1047:

As of revision 1047 all functions now deal correctly with length zero
functions. I have also added some managed functions for scalar
multiplication of a polynomial by a scalar. I've also hardened some of
the memory management functions so that stupid users who try to
allocate -1 limbs won't run into unexpected trouble.

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by was

  • Milestone changed from sage-2.9 to sage-2.8.12

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by robertwb

  • Component changed from basic arithmetic to packages
  • Owner changed from somebody to was
  • Summary changed from update flint in sage again to r1047 to [with patch] update flint in sage again to r1047

New flint spkg and bundle (to apply to sage-main) up at

http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/robertwb/flint/

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by mabshoff

  • Milestone changed from sage-2.9 to sage-2.8.13
  • Summary changed from [with patch] update flint in sage again to r1047 to [with patch, spkg] update flint in sage again to r1047

Ok, this should go into 2.8.13. I will ask for somebody to review this.

Cheers,

Michael

comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by mabshoff

This looks good to me and should be in 2.8.13.alpha0.

Cheers,

Michael

comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by mabshoff

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Merged in 2.8.13.alpha0.

comment:8 Changed 7 years ago by mabshoff

I fixed a ntl linking issue, so now there is a flint-0.9.p0.spkg

Cheers,

Michael

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.