Ticket #9346 (closed defect: fixed)
sage_fortran no longer works for 32-bit builds on Solaris.
|Reported by:||drkirkby||Owned by:||drkirkby|
|Cc:||mpatel, jsp||Work issues:|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||David Kirkby|
|Authors:||John Palmieri, Mitesh Patel||Merged in:||sage-4.5.alpha1|
A recent update to the sage_fortran package (#7982), was made to aid the creation of 64-bit object files when the environment variable SAGE64 was set to yes. The patch accomplished that task.
Unfortunately, this was as the cost of 32-bit object files.
Instead of the file sage_fortran being a small script to invoke the Fortran compiler, it is now a broken script.
$ cat local/bin/sage_fortran #!/bin/sh
Since a 64-bit port is not complete and this breaks a 32-bit build, it means Sage is totally broken on Solaris.
Fortunately the required change is very small indeed.
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Authors set to John Palmieri
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to David Kirkby
- Authors changed from John Palmieri to John Palmieri, Mitesh Patel
- Status changed from positive_review to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Merged in set to sage-4.5.alpha1