Ticket #8537 (closed defect: fixed)
Update Open MPI package to latest - Sage version is 3 years old!
|Reported by:||drkirkby||Owned by:||tbd|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||Volker Braun|
|Authors:||Stefan Reiterer||Merged in:|
Description (last modified by vbraun) (diff)
Sage has an Open MPI optional package, which uses version 1.1.4 of Open MPI. This was released on Jan 30, 2007, so is more than 3 years old. It fails to build on Solaris - see #8522.
The optional package is very different to most other Sage packages, which shows its age.
- No SPKG.txt
- No Mercurial repository
- Sources sit in top-level directory, not in a 'src' subdirectory.
I'll create a package based on the latest version of Open MPI, which is version 1.4.1, which was released 15th January 2010.
Update: A new spkg can be found under http://www.stp.dias.ie/~vbraun/Sage/spkg/openmpi-1.4.3.spkg
- Status changed from closed to new
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from needs_info to needs_review
- Description modified (diff)