Ticket #7743 (closed defect: fixed)
Piecewise integration fixes
|Reported by:||pbutler||Owned by:||burcin|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||David Joyner|
|Authors:||Paul Butler||Merged in:||sage-4.3.1.alpha2|
This patch fixes two issues with the piecewise class, brought up in this sage-support thread:
The first issue is that when a piece of the function belongs to the Integer ring, integration doesn't work. This is fixed by coercing each piece to the symbolic expression ring.
The second issue is that there are cases where maxima needs to be given assumptions about the domain of x for the piece being integrated. This is fixed with the assume and forget functions.
Additional unit tests have been added (or existing tests modified) for each issue.
- Owner changed from AlexGhitza to burcin
- Component changed from algebra to calculus
- Status changed from positive_review to closed
- Reviewers set to David Joyner
- Resolution set to fixed
- Merged in set to 4.3.1.alpha2
- Authors set to Paul Butler
comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by mvngu
- Summary changed from Piecewise integration fixes [with patch; needs review] to Piecewise integration fixes