Ticket #7532 (closed defect: fixed)
"return NotImplementedError" in ring.pyx
|Reported by:||was||Owned by:||cremona|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||Tim Dumol, John Palmieri|
|Authors:||John Cremona||Merged in:||sage-4.3.2.alpha0|
Description (last modified by jhpalmieri) (diff)
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 7:26 PM, John H Palmieri <email@example.com> wrote: > In ring.pyx, there is code like this: > > if proof: > return NotImplementedError > else: > return False > > I would think that the second line should say "raise > NotImplementedError". (Changing it makes some doctests fail, > though.) Is there a good reason for doing "return > NotImplementedError"? That's *definitely* a bug. No question about it.
Addendum: apply the patches trac_7532.patch and trac_7532-rings.patch. Depends on #7535.
- Owner changed from AlexGhitza to cremona
- Component changed from algebra to elliptic curves
- Work issues Close if #7535 does deleted
comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by timdumol
- Status changed from needs_work to closed
- Reviewers set to Tim Dumol
- Resolution set to fixed
- Authors set to John Palmieri
comment:18 follow-up: ↓ 19 Changed 3 years ago by jhpalmieri
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers changed from Tim Dumol to Tim Dumol, John Palmieri
- Description modified (diff)
- Authors changed from John Palmieri to John Cremona
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.