Ticket #7205 (closed defect: fixed)
fix the list of old sage releases website
|Reported by:||was||Owned by:||tbd|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||Harald Schilly, Jeroen Demeyer|
Description (last modified by was) (diff)
- If I go to http://sagemath.org/src/ there is only the last release.
- If I click on "up one directory level", I'm just dumped to
http://sagemath.org, which makes no sense.
- Clicking on changelogs gives
http://sagemath.org/src/changelogs/index.html which does indeed list changelogs. But it also lists a file "OLD_VERSIONS_HERE.txt", randomly right in the middle. Looking at that file I find the completely wrong statement: "These are archived old versions. For the new versions see the main SAGE website. http://modular.ucsd.edu/sage".
- There is a random "README.txt" for no reason also in the middle
- Finally, logging into the server I find that
http://sagemath.org/src-old/ has the old versions. But how could I find that otherwise? Also, the description at the top of src-old doesn't explain what it is accurately. It would be better to say "Here you can download the source code for any past version of Sage so you can build it from source."
- This listing at http://sagemath.org/src-old/ also has various
random files like README.txt.in and install.html mixed in.
It would also be worth mentioning that we have many old sage install on sage.math.
I wonder if it would also be good to archive bdists for one specific Linux release, e.g., 32-bit x86 Ubuntu 8.04 LTS? Since then one can easily get a virtual machine and drop our binary in it.
- Cc schilly added
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Report Upstream set to N/A
- Component changed from distribution to website/wiki
- Milestone set to sage-duplicate/invalid/wontfix
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to Harald Schilly, Jeroen Demeyer