Ticket #7148 (closed enhancement: fixed)
[with patch, positive review] tutorial: try to clarify the 'rings' section
|Reported by:||jhpalmieri||Owned by:||jhpalmieri|
|Report Upstream:||Reviewers:||Mike Hansen|
|Authors:||John Palmieri||Merged in:||sage-4.2.alpha0|
Description (last modified by jhpalmieri) (diff)
The section in the tutorial on rings can be confusing to people who aren't familiar with them, and since this precedes the material on matrices (for example), people wanting to know how to solve linear equations might be thrown off. This patch attempts to remedy this, at least partially.
This patch depends on the scripts patches at #6572 -- without them, many of the doctests here will not actually be run.
If this patch is merged, then we should open up a ticket to do the same thing to the French version of the tutorial.
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Description modified (diff)
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to Mike Hansen
- Summary changed from [with patch, needs review] tutorial: try to clarify the 'rings' section to [with patch, positive review] tutorial: try to clarify the 'rings' section